I wasn't ready for this

Just had to upload this one.... SURPRISE MOFOS... jk love you guys thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy the 'surprise'

We arrived and checked into the hotel fairly quickly leaving us most of the rest of the day to sightsee. Despite my previous worries, all thoughts of Jenny were removed from my mind as soon as we arrived in the large shopping centre. 

"Woah" I breathed and Jake chuckled. 

"Welcome to New York" he practically shouted over the noise of shoppers and traffic. I grabbed his hand and raced towards the first store. After about three hours of shopping I could tell Jakes mind was wandering. 

"We can go back now if you want" I offered. 

"No no I'm fine" he insisted. "Don't let me ruin your shopping spree" he laughed. So far I had purchased a large football jersey,of the team that Jake assured me was the very best although I had never heard of them, a brand new pair of American converse, a baseball cap and a cliché I heart NY T-shirt.   

"I do need to use the restroom though" he smiled pulling me into a small gift shop. "Be right back" he promised before walking down a small corridor that branched away from the shop. 

I picked up a snow globe that contained a small Statue of Liberty and was more than contented to play with it while I waited for Jake. I laughed to myself as the glitter swirled round in a mini twister. This vacation was definitely doing me good and I could tell that I had made the right decision. 

"Skye?" 

Then I heard her voice and my blood ran cold.