5

When Lu Youde was young, he helped a couple in the provincial capital. The couple was very grateful to Lu Youde. Not only did they give him a sum of money, but they also told him that he could go to the provincial capital to find them if he had any problems.

Over the years, the two families have been communicating with each other, writing one or two letters a year. They also mailed Lu Youde some food and clothing supplies, national coupons, and money.

When Lu Yun was born, their family knew about it and proposed a baby marriage, but Lu Youde refused.

The conditions of their two families were quite different. Lu Youde had done them a favor, but they couldn't repay him. It was not a good match. Their son was against arranged marriages, and even if Lu Yun married him, she might not live a good life.

Even so, Lu Youde was very grateful, because the life of the Lu family seemed to be good in the Red Star Commune, and in fact, it was better. If it wasn't so, they wouldn't be able to take care of their children like city people.

Only the four people in the Lu family knew about this. Lu Yun and Lu Pin were sensible and kept their mouths shut, so Lu Youde and Li Meili told them.

Li Meili: "I don't have to compare with Li Lan and others, or to see who married better between Ayun and Sun Hongxia. But if Ayun didn't marry as well as Sun Hongxia, you don't know the character of their family. Ayun would feel aggrieved just by listening to what they said and the rumors in our team."

Would his daughter really feel aggrieved for this?

Lu Youde was a little suspicious, but didn't dare to speak.

Lu Youde: "I will go to the county tomorrow to call them."

The one they introduce is definitely better than the one they find a matchmaker to introduce.

The couple has been in their county for a while. Whether it's from the county or the provincial capital, they can definitely find a few unmarried young men with suitable conditions.

They also said they would help Lu Youde find a job, but unfortunately at that time Lu Youde and his family had to take care of Lu Yun's grandparents in the Red Star Commune, so the matter was put on hold.

Lu Youde didn't want to marry someone above his station. If he wanted to marry someone above his station, he would have agreed to their child marriage, as long as the conditions were right and Lu Yun and he liked each other.

*

It was another sunny day.

Lu Yun came out with a wash basin and washed in the yard.

Li Meili was beaming with joy and seemed to be in a particularly good mood. Even though Lu Yun had just woken up from her sleep, she didn't nag at all.

Li Meili: "It's hot today, let's have halved noodles for lunch."

Li Meili thought about making halved noodles with eggplant and potatoes for lunch, and wanted to eat halved noodles with minced meat, but the family ate all the meat with dumplings yesterday, and they didn't plan to buy any meat until the end of this month.

Let's talk about it next month.

Lu Yun didn't spit out the toothpaste foam in her mouth, and took the opportunity to make her request, "How about I do it?"

Li Meili: "..."

Li Meili, who was in a good mood, started to have a headache again.

Lu Yun was very understanding, and continued to brush her teeth silently, pretending that she had not made a request that Li Meili thought was unreasonable.