Chapter 12

Adhiraj's POV:

Aadhya panicked as soon as she heard the knock on the door. Her eyes were wide open while the tip of her ears had turned pink. She looked as adorable as a child caught with his hands in a cookie jar. I wanted to kiss her so badly when she was searching here and there, for a place for me to hide.

I smiled at her adorable behaviour. She looked at my smile and glared. Then motion towards her desk. I understood and got under her desk, my smile still intact. I heard the door unlock and then open.

"Why was your door locked, baby sister?" I heard Vikram's confused voice.

"Vikram Bhai! Hey. I must have locked it by mistakely." I heard her reply.

"Okay." He said. "Is everything going smoothly?"

"Yes Bhai."

"The meeting with Leo?"

"It's on schedule."

"Great. By the where is Adhiraj? He is not on his desk." I was shocked at that. Vikram never asks about me except for work.

"I have sent him to get some snacks for me."

"Hmmm.....okay. I wanted to talk to him...."

"What happened? Is there something important?"

"Yes. Actually, he invited me for his wedding. The functions are going to start in two weeks. I thought of attending it as he has worked with me for a long time and he is a friend. But the same week I need to go to Germany for and upcoming project. And I won't be able to attend it."

"Hmmm......He will come back in 15 - 20 mins." Aadhya said.

"Okay. But I can't wait I have a meeting in 10. So I was thinking we could invite him and his fiancee at home for dinner and apologize. It was Tina's idea when I told her about the change of plan."

"Do you want me to forward the invite?"

"No. I will invite him some other time. By the way, I want you to attend his wedding. It won't look good if either of us are not present."

"Yes. I was planning to. I received the invite this morning only."

"Great. Take care, baby sister." He said and kissed her forehead.

"Bye. Bhai." She said and closed the door.

I took that as a sign and carefully came out, after checking that the coast was clear.

"That was close." she said placing a hand on her chest.

"I am so sorry, Jaan. I didn't invite you to my wedding because I didn't want to hurt you by reminding you of it." I said.

"I know." She said. I took a breath of relief that she knows my intention. "But don't you think if you don't invite me but all the other employees, it would be so weird?" She asked.

"You can always give some reason." I said confused about what she was getting at.

"You heard Bhai a few minutes back, didn't you? Either one of us must go." She said looking serious. "Plus, I want to come. It's been a long time since I met your mother." She said with a wink.

"Are you sure?" I asked unsure of her idea.

"Yes. She has been sending me a number of couriers these last few weeks. It would be rude if I didn't reply." She said winking at me. I smiled at that, 'hell is going to get loose for my mother.' I thought and felt proud of the woman who stood in front of me.

"Fine. I will get an invite tomorrow......."

"No need." She cut me off and walked to her desk. I couldn't help but notice her buttocks swaying, unintentionally. I could feel my member, twitch we desire. She bent down to remove something and I could feel my throat go dry. She turned around and I composed myself from having those vulgar thoughs about her. She showed me something unaware of my dirty mind.