Chapter 18

Aadhya's POV:

I wore the red strapless blouse and underskirt. I walked out to see Adhiraj trying to make pleats. He eyes were focused solely on the video playing in front of him.

He looked so cute, with his scrunched up forehead temple. Slowly I walked towards him. He looked at me as I came near him.

"Hey!" He said. "I learned it. Here.  Take this end and tuck it in your underskirt." I did as he said. Then he turned around me.

"So keep on tugging the material till here." I did as he instructed. And tucked the saree till it was wrapped around me in a single layer.

"Now, here." He told me to hold the part he was holding before. He came to stand behind me and took the other end of the saree. He wrapped it around my body again but loosely. Leaving a good amount over my shoulder. Then he took the one that I was holding and started making pleats. When he was so lost in his work that he himself tucked the pleated part in my waist instead of asking me. I smiled at him.

"This is pallu. It is to cover your front exposed part." He said and placed it properly over my shoulder.

He took a box of jewellery and made me wear a necklace, earrings and bangles. I then told him to move. I parted my hair from the middle and made a low bun.

"Now look." He said, feeling proud of his work. His infectious smile made me follow his lead.

"You did it in the first attempt." I said proudly.

"Actually no. I had practiced it on my own before coming here." He said sheepishly. I looked at him shocked.

"How long have you been planning this Aadi?" I asked, still unable to believe all the effort he had to put in doing these things. He did all this with his whole heart. I could feel the love and effort he put in this. I looked at him with all the love I had.

"Since you told me that my mother sent you an invite and that you were planning to come here." He said and hugged me.

"Wait." He said and applied a red bindi on my forehead.

"Now let's go. We are getting late." He said and held my hand. We walked towards the car. As we sat in the car he blind folded me.

"I hope this is not one of your kinky fantasies." I teased, Adhiraj.

"Trust me baby, in my fantasies I want to see those beautiful expressive eyes of yours." He said and kissed my cheeks.

I felt someone getting in the car and it started moving. The entire way Adhiraj held my hand.

"How long?" I kept asking every now and then.

"Almost there." Adhiraj replied very calmly, every single time.

I felt like a long time had passed but it took only 10 mins for us to reach there. As the car stopped, Adhiraj walked out of the car. He opened the door which was on my side and picked me up in the bridal style. Then he started walking towards the destination.

He placed me on a chair. And unfold the cloth around my eyes. I looked around to see a temple with many steps to climb. I looked at him and smiled.

"The temple looks beautiful and very high." I said, indicating that I would not like to climb the steps. Adhiraj smiled at my words.

"It happens to be that when a groom picks up his bride and climbs the steps of this temple then all the wishes of the couples come true." He said looking at me lovingly.

"Then you must have brought your would-be wife here." I said looking at him confused.

"That's who I got here." He smiled and picked me up again.