Chapter 17

Aadhya's POV:

I woke up when my phone started ringing. I looked at the time, it was just 6 in the morning. I checked the caller id, it was Adhiraj.

"Hello? Aadi?" I said as soon as I picked it up.

"Open the door, Jaan." He said. I rubbed my eyes to ward off some sleep and walked towards the door. I opened it and saw Adhiraj with a plate in his hand which was covered with a decorative cloth. I looked at him angry and confused.

"I warned you yesterday. That you will have to wake up early in the morning." He said, trying to defend himself.

"Early in the morning. Not in the middle of the night." I said grumpily.

"Six is generally early in the morning." He grumbled. "You know I am not here to argue with you." He said as I was about to open my mouth to argue with him.

He removed the cloth that was on the plate to show me a big bowl of haldi, a box and a white attire. I looked at them and then him.

"You know I am not interested in what gifts your mother chose to give your would-be wife." I said sarcastically.

"I am not interested in that either. This is for you." He said, handing me the white outfit. That was on the plate. "Now go and change." He ordered.

"I think he has forgotten who the boss really is." I muttered under my breath while walking towards the washroom to change.

"I heard that." He shouted behind me.

"You were supposed to." I yelled back. And closed the door when I heard him chuckle.

I saw the outfit Adhiraj had got for me. It was a white strapless padded blouse and white knee length lehenga. It was very plain without any work or border. But when I touched the material it was very soft. I loved the way it felt against my fingers. Without any further delay I wore the outfit and walked out to show Adhiraj. He turned to look at me. Surprise and admiration plastered over his face.

"You...... You look breathtaking." He mumbled. He pulled me towards the full length mirror of my room and made me sit on a chair. He must have placed there when I was changing. He took the box from the plate and opened it. It had jewellery made out of real flowers.

"Aadi? What are you doing?" I asked, in spite of knowing. It was like a dream for me. I wanted to make sure what I was thinking was right.

"It's our dream remember? I will make every dream of yours come true. So now it's time for haldi." He said and kissed my head.

First he took the earrings and put them on my ears, very gently. His fingers brush my bare skin every now and then, making the hair on my skin stand up. Then he placed the necklace around my neck and secured it.

"Aadi...." I moaned when he kissed the back of my neck. Where he had secured the necklace. He smiled while his eyes darkened with desire.

Then he placed a mangtika in the middle parting of my head. I helped him secure it with hair pins.  Then clasp the bracelets around both my hands. When he touched my left hand, he kissed the ring he had put on me last night.

"Aadhya......" He said, making me look at him.

"What?" I asked when he didn't say anything else but just kept looking at me.

"Nothing." He said and continue to look at me. He wanted to say something but was not able to. And it was the first time I couldn't understand what was going on in his head.

He then picked up my feet and placed it on his chest where our heart is supposed to be. He removed the anklet from the box and secured it around my feet. Then repeated the process on the other feet. By the time he was done I was breathless while he seemed to be controlling his desires too.