Chapter 29

Narrator's POV 

    However, the most noticeable and impressive attribute for the library was its shape. It was spiral. Once you enter the beginning of the shelves for each section , it will start to curve and the amount of book found on each shelf will shorten before reaching the centre.

The shape was theft proof, allowing the thieves to get confused as they ran out of the library.

    Seonghwa looked around in wonder, barely listening to Yunho who was talking about his job. They went through the gates with a visitor pass, which was delivered to Yunho in an envelope, and the security guard leading them to the library .

    Yunho was a fantastic guide, going to each section with enthusiasm and describing the types of book you will find. He also gave out the best-selling list that had become an iconic book in the past, recommending Seonghwa to read some while he was here. It was a pity that the palace did not allow to borrow the box for obvious reasons, but Seoghwa was delighted nonetheless.

    A sudden call cut the tour off, as Yunho had urgent business to do within the palace. He apologised, and went off. Seonghwa was barely able to register anything, finding himself lost within the huge shelves he was left at. Looking up while reading "History", he found it to be a coincidence that he got to the place he wanted. Maybe he would have been able to know the exact history about his curse.

    Wandering in, he traced delicately over the titles of books, each one describing monuments, a member of the royal family or a specific place. He got to the core of the spiral where he started to notice that the books kept losing titles, then authors' names, and now even dates of publication.

    When he stopped at the centre, a book started to vibrate , falling on the floor in the process. Seonghwa picked it up and a bright light engulfed him while the title appeared, reading "What happened to the princess and the frog?"

🤍

    He had landed right at the moment when the girl had kissed the frog, the magic was blinding that Seonghwa had to cover his eyes until the light subdued, the frog had turned into a prince. The prince was in absolute shock that he rubbed his eyes a few times, wondering if it was a dream that he was currently experiencing. The family of the prince hugged him and continuously bowed and sang the praises of the young lady who had just been able to break the curse.

    Seonghwa noticed that no one had noticed his presence as he went closer to the commotion that was happening, he looked at the young girl's face , cracking his brains as to why she looked so familiar.

    Suddenly the scene in front of his eyes changed , blurred lines of people's joyous faces were then replaced with grief and tears.

    Seonghwa looked around , noticing an open sky with dark clouds and water droplets that drenched him. The book had such a realistic feel to it that he could sense the cold and wetness of the atmosphere.

    His gaze fell upon a crowd of people , who were all wearing black . The woman had minimal matching accessories, such as a hat for the rain, an umbrella, and gloves to cover her hands and fingers, keeping them as warm as they could. The men had umbrellas standing near other people to protect them from the rain.