Chapter -35

The night air was thick with tension. Outside the warehouse, shadows moved silently through the darkness. The rescue team, led by Abhay Raichand and Rudraksh Oberoi, had been preparing for this moment.

With weeks of dead ends and false leads behind them, they had finally caught a break. Arjun's information had led them here-to a remote, heavily guarded warehouse on the outskirts of the city.

"Remember," Abhay whispered to the team, his voice low but firm. "We go in quiet, we get the kids, and we get out. No unnecessary risks."

Rudraksh nodded, his face set in grim determination. "We need to be quick and efficient. They're likely to be armed, and we can't afford any mistakes."

The team, composed of highly trained operatives and trusted allies, moved swiftly, each man understanding the gravity of their mission.

This wasn't just another operation; it was personal. Their children's lives depended on it.

As they approached the warehouse, the tension was palpable. Abhay glanced at Rudra, who gave a curt nod. This was it.

They had no idea what waited for them inside, but they had come too far to turn back now. Behind them, Karan and Akshat moved in tandem, guns drawn, their faces set with the steely resolve of men on a mission. They were prepared for anything - or so they thought.

As they approached the warehouse, the tension was palpable. Abhay glanced at Rudra, who gave a curt nod. This was it. They had no idea what waited for them inside, but they had come too far to turn back now.

With a signal from Abhay, the team burst into the warehouse. The sudden intrusion startled the guards inside, who scrambled to respond. Chaos erupted as the rescuers stormed the place, overpowering the guards with swift precision. Shots rang out, and the sounds of a struggle filled the air, but the team was relentless.

Abhay and Rudra pushed forward, their eyes scanning the dimly lit space for any sign of the children. It was Rudra who first spotted them - a group of scared, weary children huddled together in a corner.

"There!" he shouted, pointing them out to Abhay.

They rushed over, cutting through the remaining resistance with ease. Among the group, they immediately recognized Aarav. His face was bruised and his clothes dirty, but his eyes were sharp and alert. Relief flooded through Abhay at the sight of his son. He quickly scanned the group, looking for Roohi, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Aarav!" Abhay called out as he knelt in front of his son. "Are you alright?"

Aarav nodded weakly, though his eyes were wide with fear and pain. "Dad....

Roohi... they took her. Nicholas... he took her away just before you came."

Rudra's heart sank. "Where, Aarav? Where did they take her?"

Aarav's face contorted in frustration and fear. "I don't know... Nicholas said he had other plans for her. He left with her and some of his men. I tried... I tried to fight, but..."

Abhay placed a reassuring hand on Aarav's shoulder. "It's alright, son. You're safe now. We'll find Roohi, I promise."

As the team quickly moved to secure the area and check on the other children, Abhay and Rudra took Aarav aside. His face was bruised, his lip swollen, but there was a defiance in his eyes that Abhay recognized - a spark of resilience that made him both proud and heartbroken.

"Aarav, tell us everything," Rudra urged gently but firmly. "Who is Nicholas? What does he want?"

Aarav took a deep breath, his young mind racing to process everything he'd been through. "Nicholas... he's a monster. He keeps calling himself the Master. He's been taking kids like us... training them... selling them. He said Roohi was special, that she was worth more."