Chapter 33

Michael, the grim-faced boy who had brought Roohi to the room, returned later with a tray of food for the girls. The meal was sparse and unappetizing, but it was better than nothing. After serving the food, he turned and left, locking the door behind him.

Roohi sat down with the other girls, trying to eat while her mind buzzed with questions. She took the opportunity to ask one of the older girls about Michael, hoping to learn more about the mysterious man who had taken her away.

"Who is Michael?" Roohi asked, her voice tentative as she nibbled on a piece of bread.

The older girl looked at Roohi with a mixture of sympathy and sadness. "Michael is... a sad case. His real name isn't even known. When he was just a child, his father sold him to master Fedendis."

Roohi's eyes widened in shock. "Sold him? Why?"

The girl sighed. "Master Fedendis is a powerful and dangerous man. He bought Michael from his father when Michael was only six years old. Master gave him the name Michael and trained him to be one of his top fighters."

"Fighter?" Roohi asked, confusion etched on her face. "What do you mean by fighter?"

The girl nodded gravely. "Yes, a fighter. Master trained him to be a master in combat, a weapon of sorts. Michael is one of the best fighters master has. He's feared and respected for his skills. Master calls him 'Michael'-it's the only name he knows now. Nobody knows his real name, and nobody dares to ask."

Roohi's eyes widened in shock. "Sold him? That's awful."

Mia nodded solemnly. "Yeah, it's a terrible situation. Michael's been through a lot. The mark on his face is from one of Nicholas's assignments."

Roohi's thoughts raced, trying to process the severity of what she was hearing. "Why do you call him 'Master'? His name is Nicholas, right?"

Mia quickly hushed Roohi, glancing around nervously. "Shh, don't say his name out loud. No one calls him by his name. We all have to call him 'Master.' If Nicholas finds out you've used his name, you'll be punished. He wants us to see him as an untouchable authority, not a person. We're like dolls to him, not real people. And soon... he'll sell us too."

Roohi's heart sank at the thought. "Sell us? Like how he sold Michael?"

Mia nodded, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and resignation. "Yes, exactly. Nicholas keeps us here, trains us, and then sells us to the highest bidder. It's a cruel system. We have to be careful. The guards are always watching. They prefer little girls like us for their twisted games."

Roohi's heart pounded with fear. She couldn't stop thinking about her father and how much she hoped he would find her soon. She glanced around the dimly lit room, her thoughts racing. "I hope my papa finds me soon. And Aarav too... I'm scared for him."

Mia placed a comforting hand on Roohi's shoulder. "Once a girl falls into the Master's trap, it's hard to get out. But I hope your papa will find you if he really loves you. Just... don't get your hopes too high. It's a cruel world we're in, and hope alone might not be enough."

Roohi nodded, trying to absorb Mia's words while clinging to a sliver of hope. She looked around at the other girls, each one with their own silent fears and hidden tears.

The dark room felt colder now, but Roohi's resolve remained firm. She would stay strong for herself and for those around her, praying that her father and the others would come for them soon.

In a large room, Nicholas Fedendis stood imposingly, his eyes cold and calculating as he observed Aarav. The air was thick with tension, and a group of boys stood around, their expressions a mix of curiosity and anticipation.