Chapter 7

The grand entrance of Rudraksh Oberoi into the Mumbai police station was a dramatic shift from the subdued atmosphere that had pervaded the room. His presence commanded attention with an almost palpable intensity. He strode through the doors, his demeanor cold and implacable, his sharp eyes surveying the surroundings with a calculating gaze. The air seemed to chill as he entered, his aura of authority and control unmistakable.

The police officer on duty, who had been expecting this moment, approached Rudraksh with a professional but respectful demeanor. "Mr. Oberoi," the officer greeted, "Thank you for coming on such short notice. "Roohi is waiting for you!

Rudraksh barely acknowledged the greeting, offering only a curt nod. His focus was singular: finding the child who was now his responsibility. He moved with purpose, his polished shoes clicking sharply against the floor.

In the corner of the room, Roohi was slowly waking up from her nap. The policewoman, who had been comforting her, gently shook her awake. Roohi blinked sleepily, her small frame cocooned in the blanket. As her senses fully returned, she noticed the stern figure approaching her.

The contrast between Rudraksh and the little girl was stark. Roohi, with her disheveled hair and tear-streaked face, looked up with wide, frightened eyes. Rudraksh's imposing figure-tall, muscular, and exuding an icy demeanor-was overwhelming to her. His clothes, perfectly tailored and his face, set in a rigid expression of control, did little to reassure the child.

Roohi's eyes darted around the room, her small hands clutching the edges of her blanket as if it were her only shield. She instinctively shrank back in her seat, a shiver running through her as she took in Rudraksh's cold, calculating gaze. His presence was intimidating, a stark reminder of the unfamiliar world she was being thrust into.

Rudraksh stopped a few feet away from her, his expression unyielding. He observed the frightened child with a sense of detachment, though his inner thoughts were a storm of conflicting emotions. This was his daughter, a reminder of his past and a new responsibility that seemed almost inconceivable.

The policewoman took a step closer to Roohi, her voice gentle as she spoke. "Roohi, this is Mr. Oberoi. He's your father, and he's come to take you home."

The words seemed to hang in the air, their significance lost on the little girl who only saw a stranger-a formidable one at that. Roohi's small frame trembled, her eyes filling with tears once more. She looked up at Rudraksh, her trust in the world around her shattered.

Rudraksh's heart, hardened by years of ruthless business dealings and personal loss, felt a pang as he saw the fear in Roohi's eyes. He took a deep breath, trying to suppress the feelings that this encounter stirred within him. He knew he had to be the rock for this child, despite his own turmoil.

"Let's go," Rudraksh said, his voice firm but softer than before. "We have to leave now."

As he extended a hand towards Roohi, the little girl hesitated, her eyes shifting between the imposing figure and the policewoman who had been her temporary guardian. With a deep, almost imperceptible sigh, Rudraksh knelt down to her level, his stern expression softening just slightly.

"Come on, Roohi," he said, his voice low and reassuring.

Roohi hesitated for a moment longer before she slowly reached out, placing her small hand in his. As she stood and walked towards him, her grip on his hand was tentative, as if she were unsure of this new and frightening world.

Rudraksh, guiding her gently, felt the weight of his new role settling on his shoulders. The path ahead was uncertain, but he was determined to face it with the same tenacity that had built his empire. For now, his focus was on providing Roohi with the safety and stability she needed, no matter how difficult that might be.