Chapter 8

The private jet cut through the clouds, its interior a cocoon of luxury and tranquility. Rudraksh Oberoi, engrossed in his work, was absorbed in the glow of his laptop screen. His fingers moved deftly over the keyboard, handling complex deals and decisions with the same efficiency that had made him a powerful figure in both business and the underworld.

Across the cabin, Roohi sat by the window, her small frame dwarfed by the plush seat. Her gaze was fixed on the passing clouds, her innocent eyes wide with wonder. Every now and then, she glanced at her father, curiosity and wariness intermingling in her expressions. She was trying to make sense of this strange new world she had been thrust into.

Rudraksh, aware of Roohi's intermittent glances, allowed himself a rare moment of introspection. He could feel her gaze on him, even as he pretended to be absorbed in his work. Each time he looked up, Roohi would quickly turn her face away, her cheeks flushing slightly with the embarrassment of being caught.

The sight of her tentative movements almost coaxed a smile onto Rudraksh's lips, though he quickly masked it with his usual stoic expression.

The air in the cabin was punctuated by the soft hum of the plane and the occasional clink of glasses. An air hostess, impeccably dressed and carrying a tray of refreshments, approached them with a practiced, seducing smile. She offered Rudraksh a selection of snacks and drinks, her attention clearly focused on the businessman.

Rudraksh gave her a brief, dismissive nod, his attention returning to his laptop. He was used to such attentions and was indifferent to them at the moment. His thoughts were on the task at hand, and he had little patience for idle conversation or flirtations.

However, Roohi's reaction was markedly different. She looked up from the window, her eyes meeting the hostesses with a shyness that contrasted with the woman's bold demeanor. The little girl's voice, soft and almost musical, cut through the tension in the air.

"Thank you," Roohi said quietly, her voice a sweet, almost endearing whisper as the airhostess placed the snacks and juice on the tray table in front of her.

The air hostess, momentarily taken aback by the child's politeness, responded with a warm smile. "You're welcome, sweetie. If you need anything, just let me know."

Roohi nodded solemnly, her gaze returning to the view outside the window. The small act of gratitude seemed to lighten the atmosphere around her, and even Rudraksh looked up briefly, noticing the exchange. For a fleeting moment, his stern demeanor softened, touched by the innocence and kindness of his daughter.

As the plane continued its journey, Rudraksh reflected on the events of the past few hours. The encounter with Roohi, though challenging, had begun to reveal layers he had previously kept buried. The contrast between his hardened exterior and the delicate, vulnerable presence of his daughter was stark.

Roohi, lost in her own world of wonder, continued to gaze out the window. Despite the turbulence of her recent experiences, there was a quiet resilience in her. Her father watched her with a growing sense of responsibility and determination. The path ahead was uncharted, but for the moment, they were on this journey together-an uncertain voyage towards a new beginning.