The Harder They Fall. Chapter Twenty-Six.

That last chapter is making me cringe so hard... I got so into the chapter I had zero detail and it was all over the place... SO MUCH REGRET!

Chapter Twenty-Five: Recap.

I dove for the zip-ties I had dropped. I grabbed his bleeding shoulder, throwing him to the ground. I pounced on his chest and locked the ties around his wrists, tugging them together as tight as they could go. Never again. This will never happen again. Cause after I get Clary back, there won't be a Jeff to worry about.

I'll kill him when I get her back.

I grabbed the hood of his jacket and tore the door to the shed open,Jeff swearing like a sailor behind me. A lone chair sat in the corner of the empty shed. I was smarter then to leave this freak alone in ashed full of possible weapons. I had emptied it earlier that day.

I plopped him in the chair and used the zip-ties to lock his dead legs to the chair. I shot him a hateful glare, which he happily returned with a spit in my eye.

"Bitch." He screamed.

"Asshole." I shot back wiping his saliva from my eye. Questioning time.

"Where is Clary?" I demanded. He laughed. "Never gonna speak,my lips are sealed."

They weren't a moment ago.

I slapped him at the thought and he snapped his teeth at me. "Don't touch me!"

I pulled out the last knife I had left. This was going to be the longest night of my life.

But at least we know he has a weakness. Right?

End of Chapter Twenty-Five.

Chapter Twenty-Six.

The Harder They Fall.

Lightning's P.O.V.

The time? No clue. The sun was just starting to cast it's golden rays acrossed the lake and exhaustion was slowly taking it's toll on me.Blood coated my pale hands and the knife I once held tightly. The night seemed to have lasted days, my throat raw with frustrated screaming. Jeff sat with his head down and shoulders slumped. At this point it wouldn't even surprise me if he was unconscious. He's lost more blood than a slaughtered cow and still managed to hold a piercing glare and scowl.

As much as I hated to admit it, I went a little too far. He wouldn't do much good dead... at least not yet. I let out a tired sigh and leaned back against the shelves, glancing down my nose to stare a this broken figure. I asked a million questions and no matter what I did, no matter what I asked, he never spoke a word. Not a single grunt of pain or tear of agony. It was very unsettling.