020

Lily's father and Janson were back.

Lucas had texted her, saying that their father had ordered him to pack his bags and tell her to come home to do the same. The message was brief, almost cryptic, but it was enough to stir a storm of emotions within her.

Why would she need to pack her bags?

Lily's mind raced with possibilities, none of them good. There was no way she was going back home—not after everything her father had done to her. The mere thought of facing him again made her stomach churn.

But Lucas's message gnawed at her. She couldn't just ignore it. Something was up, and as much as she wanted to avoid the confrontation, she knew she had to go back and find out what was happening.

Lily sighed, glancing over at Thomas. She had been staying at his place for the past few days, finding comfort in his presence and the safety of his home. It was a temporary escape from the chaos her father had brought into her life, but now it seemed that escape was coming to an end.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves, but it was no use. Panic started to creep in, her hands trembling as she turned to Thomas.

"Thomas," she began, her voice shaking, "my father... he's back."

Thomas, who had been casually flipping through a book, froze. He looked up at her, his eyes wide with shock. "What? Are you sure?"

Lily nodded frantically, her heart pounding in her chest. "Yes, I just got a message from Lucas. He said our father told him to pack his bags and that I need to come home and do the same. Thomas, I'm scared. I don't know what he's planning, but it can't be good."

Thomas's face darkened, his expression shifting from shock to concern. He stood up quickly, crossing the room to be by her side. "Lily, you don't have to go back there. You're safe here with me. We can figure something out."

She shook her head, her anxiety only growing. "But I have to, Thomas. I have to find out what's going on. Lucas wouldn't have sent that message unless it was serious."

Thomas reached out and took her hands, his touch grounding her even as her mind raced. "If you really need to go, I'll drive you there. You shouldn't face him alone."

Lily's heart ached at his offer. Thomas had always been her anchor, the one person she could count on, but the thought of him getting involved with her father terrified her.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice barely steady, "but I don't want you getting caught up in this. My father... he's dangerous, Thomas. You don't know what he's capable of."

Thomas tightened his grip on her hands, his expression resolute. "I don't care how dangerous he is. You're my girlfriend, Lily, and I'm not going to let you deal with this by yourself. I'm coming with you."

Tears welled up in Lily's eyes, a mix of fear and gratitude. She didn't deserve someone like Thomas, someone who cared so deeply about her well-being. But she couldn't let herself fall apart now—she had to stay strong.

"Okay," she finally agreed, her voice thick with emotion. "You can drive me there. But if things get bad, promise me you'll leave. I don't want you to get hurt."

Thomas hesitated, clearly torn, but he nodded. "I promise. But I won't let him hurt you, Lily. Not again."

She managed a small, shaky smile, grateful for his support. Together, they left Thomas's house and got into his car, the drive to her home filled with an uneasy silence. Lily couldn't stop the nervous flutter in her chest, her mind running through all the worst-case scenarios.