017

Lily clung to Thomas, her arms wrapped tightly around him as if she might disappear again if she let go. The fear and uncertainty of the past few days melted away in his embrace, replaced by an overwhelming sense of relief. She was finally home, where she belonged, and the warmth of his presence reassured her that everything would be okay. As she buried her face in his chest, the familiar scent of him filled her senses, grounding her in the reality that she was safe, back where she was meant to be—with him.

Thomas held her just as tightly, his heart pounding with a mixture of disbelief and overwhelming relief. The thought of losing her had haunted him during every sleepless night she was gone, and now, having her back in his arms, he couldn't bring himself to let go. "I've got you," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "You're safe now, Lily."

She pulled back slightly to look up at him, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I was so scared, Thomas. I didn't know if I'd ever see you again." Her voice was shaky, but the relief in her words was palpable.

Thomas gently cupped her face in his hands, his thumbs brushing away the tears that had begun to fall. "You don't have to be scared anymore," he murmured, his gaze locking with hers. "I'm never letting anything happen to you again, I promise."

Lily nodded, leaning into his touch, her eyes fluttering closed as she let the comfort of his words wash over her. She didn't need to say anything; the gratitude she felt for having him there, for being able to come back to him, was something words couldn't fully capture. Instead, she pressed a soft kiss to the palm of his hand, a silent acknowledgment of how much he meant to her.

Thomas's heart swelled at the gesture, and he felt an overwhelming urge to protect her, to keep her close and shield her from anything that could ever hurt her again. He shifted slightly, pulling her back into his arms, wrapping her in a warm, secure embrace. "Let's get you home," he whispered, his voice tender as he gently led her towards the door. "You need to rest."

But as they reached the doorway, Lily hesitated, her hand tightening around his. "Can we just stay here for a while?" she asked quietly, her voice small but steady. "I don't want to be alone... I just want to be with you."

Thomas looked down at her, his expression softening. He could see the exhaustion in her eyes, the lingering traces of fear, and he knew that right now, what she needed most was to feel safe. To be with someone who loved her. "Of course," he replied, his voice reassuring. "We can stay as long as you need."

He led her to the couch, where they both sat down, still holding each other close. The living room was quiet, the only sound the gentle hum of the refrigerator in the kitchen. It was peaceful, a stark contrast to the chaos of the past few days. Thomas reached for the throw blanket draped over the back of the couch and wrapped it around her shoulders, tucking it around her to keep her warm.

Lily sighed softly, leaning into him, her head resting against his shoulder. The tension that had gripped her for days began to ebb away, replaced by a comforting sense of security. Thomas was here. She was safe. And for the first time in what felt like forever, she felt like she could finally breathe.

"Thank you," she whispered after a few moments of silence, her voice barely audible.

"For what?" Thomas asked, his hand gently rubbing her back in soothing circles.

"For finding me. For not giving up," she replied, her voice trembling slightly. "For being here now."

Thomas pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her head, his heart aching with how much he cared for her. "I'll always find you, Lily. No matter what, I'll always be here for you."

She closed her eyes, letting his words sink in, feeling the truth in them. She knew he meant every word, and that gave her more comfort than anything else could. She nestled closer to him, her fingers lightly tracing patterns on his chest, feeling the steady rise and fall of his breath beneath her touch.

Time seemed to slow down as they sat there, wrapped in each other's warmth, the world outside fading away. The only thing that mattered was this moment, this small, perfect bubble of peace that they'd found together.

As the minutes ticked by, Lily felt her eyelids grow heavy, the exhaustion of the past few days finally catching up with her. But she wasn't afraid of sleep anymore. Not with Thomas by her side. "I love you," she murmured, the words slipping out before she could stop them.

Thomas's breath hitched slightly, and he looked down at her, surprised but not in a bad way. His heart swelled with emotion, and he tightened his arms around her, holding her even closer. "I love you too, Lily," he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity.

Lily smiled against his chest, feeling a warmth spread through her at his words. It was a simple declaration, but it meant everything. And as she drifted off to sleep in his arms, she knew that no matter what the future held, they'd face it together.

And that was enough.

evy speaks

Uhm both are like sleep deprived so they didn't noticed they said 'I love you' dw I know it's WAYYYYY too soon.