016

Thomas had been searching the city for hours, his heart pounding with a mix of fear and desperation. The bustling streets that once felt so familiar now seemed like a labyrinth, each face a reminder that she wasn't there. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong, that he might never find her.

And then, just as he was about to lose hope, he saw her. Running through the crowded street, her figure unmistakable even from a distance. It was like the world slowed down for a moment—everything else faded away, and all he could see was her. Without thinking, Thomas took off toward her, his legs moving faster than they ever had before.

As they got closer, she spotted him, and her face lit up with a mixture of relief and joy. She didn't hesitate, throwing herself into his arms with such force that he nearly stumbled. He caught her, lifting her off the ground, holding her as tightly as he could. She wrapped her arms around his neck, her voice trembling as she said, "I missed you so much..."

Thomas didn't waste a second. As soon as she was in his arms, he pulled her even closer, his hands framing her face with a mix of urgency and tenderness. Her breath hitched as he leaned in, their eyes meeting for the briefest moment before his lips crashed into hers.

The kiss was intense, fueled by all the emotions he'd been holding back—the fear of losing her, the relief of finally finding her, the overwhelming love he couldn't put into words. His lips moved against hers with a desperate need, as if he was trying to pour everything he felt into that one moment. It was more than just a kiss; it was a promise, a way of saying that he would never let her go again.

She responded with equal passion, her fingers threading through his hair as she kissed him back, pouring all her relief and longing into him. The world around them disappeared, the noise of the street fading into nothing. All that existed was the two of them, connected in a way that words could never capture.

Time seemed to stand still as the kiss deepened, the intensity of it stealing their breath away. Thomas could feel her heart pounding against his chest, mirroring his own, and he knew in that moment that she was safe, that she was with him, and that nothing else mattered.

When they finally pulled apart, both of them were breathless, their foreheads resting against each other's as they struggled to catch their breath. But even as they stood there, surrounded by the chaos of the city, Thomas knew that he'd found what he was looking for—his world, his everything, in her.

After the kiss, Thomas gently set her back down, still holding her hand tightly as if afraid she might slip away again. They stood there for a moment, catching their breath, before the reality of the situation hit him. He looked into her eyes, searching for answers.

"What happened?" Thomas asked, his voice barely above a whisper, laced with concern. "Where have you been?"

Lily glanced around, her expression shifting from relief to anxiety. "We need to go to the police," she said, her voice steady but urgent. "I have to tell you what happened."

Without another word, Thomas nodded, and they quickly made their way to the nearest police station. The walk was a blur, neither of them speaking much, the weight of what was about to be revealed hanging between them. When they finally reached the station, Thomas felt a knot tighten in his stomach.

Inside, the harsh fluorescent lights and the steady hum of activity made everything feel more real, more immediate. They sat down with an officer, and Thomas squeezed her hand, silently offering his support as she began to explain.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "My father and Janson... they kidnapped me," she started, her voice trembling slightly. "They've been keeping me somewhere—I don't even know where it was, just some dark room. They kept asking me about files. Files I'd never seen before. And they kept asking about you, Thomas. They wanted to know everything—where you are, what you're doing..."

Thomas's grip on her hand tightened as a cold wave of dread washed over him. "Why? What do they want with me?" And though Thomas knew exactly what they wanted from him, lily couldn't know. It would put her into even more danger.

Lily shook her head, her eyes wide with fear and confusion. "I don't know, but they were obsessed. They said something about needing those files, like they were the key to something. But I didn't tell them anything, Thomas. I swear, I didn't give them anything. I just... I just wanted to get out of there. And I also didn't know anything."

Thomas felt a mix of anger and protectiveness rising in his chest. "You did the right thing. We'll figure this out, I promise."

The officer took her statement, asking questions that felt like they were poking at wounds that were still too fresh. Sheila answered as best she could, but it was clear the experience had shaken her deeply. Through it all, Thomas never let go of her hand, his presence a constant reminder that she wasn't alone.

When they finally finished at the station, they stepped outside into the cool evening air. Thomas wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close as they walked down the steps. "We'll get to the bottom of this," he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "And they'll never touch you again."

Lily leaned into him, feeling safer in his arms than she had in days. "I know, Thomas. And also," she grinned. "What was that kiss do you like me or something." She asked playfully.

"You're oblivious as fuck lils, yes I was planning on asking you out that third day but your father had to ruin it like he ruined everything so I'm gonna do it now." He took a deep breath. "Lily you're an amazing girl, you're funny and sweet I don't get how anyone could hurt you. Even when you're going through shit you still managed to plaster a smile on people's faces and I will always adore you for that, so lily whitlock, can I be your boyfriend."

"But my dad—"

"We'll keep it a secret."

"Then yes." She giggled. "You can be my boyfriend."

He bent down and kissed her again.