151-160

Chapter 151 Goodbye Wu Qian Chapter 151 Goodbye Wu Qian
Zhou Dafeng had no choice. If he didn't agree, Zhou Fen would not give him a penny.
It was getting late, so Cao Yong tactfully stood up and said goodbye, and Zhou Dafeng stood up to see him out.

After they walked out, Zhou Dafeng put his arm around Cao Yong's shoulder and said, "I'm so sorry! I didn't expect her to be like this. Alas, no matter how obedient a child is when they are young, they will change when they grow up."

"It's okay. I was planning to work on the construction site. My mom hopes I can be more down-to-earth, and I don't want to just hang around. My younger brother is very good at studying. He said he would support me when he grows up. Hehe, as his older brother, I have to support him first!"

Thinking of Cao Ke, a smile flashed in his eyes.

Zhou Dafeng took out a cigarette and lit it, saying in a low voice: "If the video hall can't make money this time, I'm going to leave. It's easy to make money in Shenzhen now. Do you want to come with me?"

"I'm not leaving. My mom has a hard time taking care of my brother, and my dad is about to come out!"

"You don't hate them anymore?"

"We're a family, what are you hating about?" Cao Yong waved at Zhou Dafeng and strode towards the small home.

Zhou Dafeng stared at him as he walked away. He knew that they would be separated in the future and felt a little reluctant. But after he finished smoking the cigarette, he calmed down.

Forget it, everyone has his own way of living. If he wants to work hard at the construction site, let him do it. Anyway, he wants to earn easy money. So, he went back to Zhou Fen's house whistling cheerfully.

When Cao Yong returned home, he found no one at home. Just as he was about to get something to eat, he saw his mother and Cao Ke coming back happily, holding several bags full of packed food.

"Brother, we're going to the Red Star Hotel for dinner tonight. We waited for you for a long time but you didn't come back, so we went there by ourselves. Here, these are the dishes I brought back for you. Some are leftovers. This is what Aunt Yang ordered especially for you. No one has ever eaten it before."

"Come in first, I'll cook some noodles for you and heat up the dishes!" Fan Yan pushed her sons in with a smile, picked up her apron and started to help her sons prepare food.

Looking at the pile of food on the table, Cao Yong asked for the first time: "Is the Yang family rich? Why are they so kind to our family?"

It’s no wonder that he is wary. He has been able to stay alive and well after so many years away from home, thanks to his carefulness and vigilance.

"Mr. Lin was my teacher. He used to see that I didn't eat lunch, so he would get lunch and look for me everywhere. Later, he was framed by the teachers at school and stopped teaching. Before he left, he bought me a meal ticket, saying that I would pay it back when I grew up and earned money. Later, my mother went to their house to cook, and paid me so much money a month, and brought me lunch every day."

Cao Yong picked up a chicken claw and ate it, then asked, "Why didn't you eat lunch?"

"There was no money! At that time, my mother's company was about to go bankrupt, and she could only pay a small amount of money. Later, it became even less. My mother took jobs pressing bottle caps at home, but she didn't get work every day, and she didn't make much money. I wanted to save the lunch money, and if there was no money at home, I would give it to my mother."

Cao Yong suddenly felt that the chicken feet in his hand no longer tasted good.

After he came back, although the house was small, they ate well and his mother had some extra money. He never thought that his brother and mother had such a difficult life.