211-220

Chapter 211: Gossip Chapter 211: Gossip
Lin Zhiyu's mood was really complicated. Today, when he entered the house, he saw his father sitting alone at a small table eating. The desolate look and hunched back shocked Lin Zhiyu deeply. Until now, he still couldn't sort out his emotions.
The next day, Yang Liu asked Zhong Zhipeng for help and made an appointment with a deputy director of the county hospital.

Today is the weekend. When Lin Zhiyu arrived, Lin Zhijun and his wife were still sleeping in at home. After Chen Ju heard the purpose of his visit, she immediately smiled and went to help Lin Qiang pack his clothes. From the looks of it, it seemed that she was sending him out and would never let him come back.

Lin Zhiyu took a look at the huge package, then looked coldly at Chen Ju. Chen Ju felt like she was being stared at by a wolf and stepped back unconsciously.

Lin Qiang was very happy. He probably had hope, thinking that his eldest son had come to take him to enjoy a good life.

"Auntie, my dad is going to the hospital for treatment. Isn't Lin Zhijun going with him? Yang Liu went to the hospital early in the morning to find someone to contact the doctor. If this is exposed, Lin Zhiyu and his wife will probably be labeled as unfilial!"

Feng Meijuan has a very bad temper when she wakes up. If she provokes Lin Zhijun to get angry, no one can stand it. Chen Ju doesn't want to get into trouble.

"Oh, it's just a checkup, there's no need for so many people to go. Zhijun and his wife have been working very hard in school, and they finally waited until the weekend to have a break. You're their brother, so you should be considerate."

"Okay, let's go!" Lin Zhiyu said without any nonsense, picked up the package and left.

Lin Qiang's status in the family plummeted after he fell ill. Now, with the support of his eldest son, he looks particularly energetic.

As soon as I walked out of the house, I met an acquaintance, a retired couple. They had a good relationship. I saw a young and handsome guy holding his hand, with a big package in one hand.

The old man looked at the closed door behind him and asked in confusion: "Lao Lin, who is this? Where are you going?"

Lin Qiang stood still and forced a smile. "This is my eldest son. He went to the countryside when he was sixteen. I never took care of him. He returned to the city on his own. Now, he heard that I was sick, so he came to take me to the hospital. His wife has already gone to the hospital to find a good doctor."

Lin Zhiyu nodded respectfully and greeted them. The two old people had a very good impression of Lin Zhiyu. Thinking of Lin Zhijun and the arrogant Feng Meijuan, they felt that this eldest son was even better.

Since they were going to see a doctor, they couldn't stop them. They quickly made way for them and let them go, and also told them to come back and play together after the visit.

After the people left, the old couple glanced at the tightly closed door of the Lin family with disdain.

The old woman whispered, "Chen Ju is a stepmother, so she must be not good to Lin Qiang's eldest son. That's why I've never heard her mention that they have another son in such a long time. She keeps talking about how promising Lin Zhijun is. If he is really a good person, why didn't she send Lin Qiang to the hospital? She just let him wait to die at home. Humph, did you see that? When the eldest son came to pick him up, Chen Ju didn't even come out to see him off. She usually pretends to be kind. Bah, it's all fake."

The houses in this compound were originally the staff quarters of a battery factory. A wall was built around it, and there was a small flower bed. In addition to the children playing, there were more elderly people gathering there. The men played chess and drank tea, while the women knitted sweaters and made insoles, and chatted about other people's affairs.