391-400

Chapter 391: Scam 1 Chapter 391: Scam 1
Jiang Lanhua washed the dishes and came out to say goodbye to Yang Liu.
"Then I'll come again tomorrow!" Jiang Lanhua's voice sounded a little timid. Yang Liu guessed that she was probably unfamiliar with the strange environment, so she tried to gently tell her to come at the same time tomorrow.

Jiang Lanhua left happily, and Yang Liu went to take a nap again.

It has been a long time since she had such a comfortable and leisurely day at home. This feeling of not doing anything and not thinking about anything is pretty good, but she would definitely not be able to stand it if she stayed for two more days.

After waking up, I looked at the time. It was already three o'clock. I felt a little groggy after sleeping too long. I lay in bed and didn't want to move at all.

The phone rang, she turned over and picked up the phone, still lying on the bed and answered it.

The call was from my mother from my hometown.

"Yang Liu, are you busy?"

"Mom, I'm not busy. I'm resting at home today!"

"How are you doing lately? Is Lin Zhiyu doing well too?"

"Well, we're all fine. We're just busy. How about you?"

"We are all in good health, but it hasn't rained for a month. The temperature has been high for a month. The water in our pond has dried up and we have sold all the fish at a low price."

Yang Liu was shocked. She didn't expect it to be so serious. She sat up from the bed and leaned against the bedside table and asked, "Is the damage at home serious?"

"That's right. When you came back in March, all the fruit trees on the mountain were in bloom. We thought this was a good year with a good harvest. Alas, most of the fruits were picked early to feed the chickens and ducks due to lack of water. There are not many fruits left, and we even hired people to fetch water from the mountain spring ditch at the back of the mountain every day to irrigate the trees. It's good enough to barely keep the fruit trees alive. We don't know if the fruits can survive to the end. The chickens and ducks at home were also sold at a low price, leaving only some breeding chickens and ducks."

On another mountain behind Yang Liu's house, there is a spring that will never dry up no matter how dry it is. Later, someone dug a hole at the outlet of the spring, and the water accumulated to form a small pool.

The surrounding villages had no choice but to cross the mountains and fetch water. Even if they couldn't irrigate the fields, at least their families wouldn't die of thirst. The amount of water from the mountain spring was very small, and if everyone rushed up, they would have to queue up.

Fortunately, the Yang family’s farm is just behind the mountain, so it is easier for them to fetch water than for others. However, during the day everyone has to line up to fetch water to take home, so the Yang family can only hire someone to fetch water at night, which is a huge expense.

Yang Liu asked: "Have you ever thought of another way?"

"Your brother asked someone to come and see us. He said we can dig a deep well in our villa, but one well is not enough. We need several wells, and there is no guarantee that water will come out."

Mother Yang continued, "There was a drought last year, but it rained and it made up for it a little. This year it's even worse, and the county is asking everyone to donate money to build a reservoir. We're also planning to dig a well. Alas, Yang Jiang has invested all his money in this villa over the past few years, and it hasn't made much profit yet. Now we're really running out of food."