221-230

Chapter 221: Pushing the LimitsChapter 221: Pushing the Limits
Lin Qiang was a little dissatisfied. He turned his body and said to Yang Liu, "You didn't seize such a good opportunity. No matter what, should we move you and your child's household registration out of the countryside first?"
Yang Liu was not polite to Lin Qiang. She said calmly, "Dad, you don't have to worry about us. Lin Zhiyu and I can build our own business from scratch and live a good life."

These words, combined with Yang Liu's tone, sounded like "mind your own business". Lin Qiang was very angry, but there was nothing he could do.

He even suspected that this couple came to the hospital every day just to piss him off?
He endured it, but still advised earnestly: "If you don't stop talking, you will suffer the consequences. Are we going to harm you?"

Yang Liu didn't like Lin Qiang speaking in such a tone, as if he was a parent who had worried a lot about their children and felt helpless when looking at his useless child.

Her tone also turned cold: "Dad, I said that we can live our own lives. Besides, isn't it a little late for you to care about us now?"

Lin Qiang was embarrassed and annoyed, staring at Yang Liu: "How do you talk to me? Are you trying to make me uncomfortable on purpose?"

Seeing this, the old man next door tried to ease the atmosphere and asked Yang Liu, "You tailors are usually very busy during the New Year holidays, right?"

Yang Liu glanced at Lin Qiang's thin cheeks, thinking that it would be better not to make him angry to death, so she turned to look at the old man on the bed opposite.

After thinking about what the old man said, I finally understood what he meant.

Nowadays, most people are poor and lack material things, and a family will not make clothes all year round. But Chinese people attach great importance to the New Year, and any family with a little surplus food will buy decent clothes for the New Year, so during the New Year, tailors are the busiest.

For example, in the countryside, people would buy cloth and invite tailors to make clothes for their families. It would take two or three days to make clothes for the whole family, and then they would go to another tailor's shop to make clothes. Of course, this is limited to families with decent conditions. If the family wears new clothes to go to the market or have a banquet during the Spring Festival, it is a very show-off thing, and it also tells others that our family has had a good year.

She smiled and said, "Uncle, I'm fine. I'm not particularly busy!"

The old man nodded and said nothing more. He probably thought that Yang Liu was so young and her craftsmanship might not be very good, so her business was not good. As an old man with insight and understanding, he naturally would not expose her shortcomings.

After sitting for a while, Yang Liu spent most of the time chatting with the old man next door. Lin Qiang had a fierce look on his face and didn't say anything. Instead, the nurse took over a few words.

After she left, the old man advised Lin Qiang: "You are not satisfied. Your wife is so good. She is so busy but still comes to see you, but you are still sulking. We are old, so we should not be stubborn. The children have their own things to do and are annoyed every day."

Lin Qiang wanted to say that Yang Liu was not busy. What could she be busy with? Didn't he hear her say that she didn't even take on any work?
But he thought about it and decided to forget it. What else could he do? At least she was much better than Feng Meijuan, who hadn't come yet!

After Yang Liu returned, he told Lin Zhiyu about his father's situation, but there was actually not much to say.

Lin Zhiyu stood up and moved his neck, arms and neck, then turned around and hugged Yang Liu intimately for a while, and then they went about their business.