Chapter 5

Alex walked in front of them then he suddenly had this weird air around him, like he was suddenly extra cautious and wary of his surroundings. "What's wrong?" Wolf asked.
"I don't know?" Alex said, phrasing it like a question, cause he seriously does not know. He just suddenly had this weird chill, it made his defence go up instinctively. It wasn't unusual but it was sure unusual for it to go up on SAS grounds with a bunch of soldiers that practically respects him. The sense didn't send as loud of a warning bell as it normally does. Maybe it wasn't gonna be a big threat but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. They watch Alex enter the mess hall in a casual manner but k-unit knew him better after spending a while with him. He wanted the whoever that made his defence go up think that he wasn't aware of it. Alex casted a wary yet casual looking glances around the mess hall as he strode purposefully towards the line. One of the younger lady behind the counter gasped in shock at seeing the familiar teen's face. Her face flushed beetroot when Alex's eyes met hers. She squeaked and fainted. Alex was immediately next to her to check on her vitals. "She just fainted." Alex mumbled to the soldiers that was crowding behind him. The lady was regaining her consciousness but when Alex alerted her to his presence, she promptly turned very red and fainted again. "I think she fainted because of Cub." Eagle whispered in mock horror.
"What did I do?" Alex asked indignantly as he gathered her in his arms and carried her to rest in the back with the other ladies who are cooking. "You are a fool my child." A retired war veteran chuckled as he scooped the food onto Alex's plate. Alex raised an eyebrow prompting the veteran to elaborate as he moved aside to stand next to the said man but out of the way so the line can start to clear. "She likes you."
"... Well that's unfortunate for her. I'm not interested." Alex said before walking off with his unit after a polite 'thank you'.
"Ladies man." Fox teased. Alex glared at Fox who flinched from it. That's a strong reaction considering it was a glare coming from a kid. "Wait till you experience it yourself." Fox grumbled as he shovelled the food into his mouth. They chatted amongst themselves with Hurricane trying to get Alex to tell them how he got into the SAS and if he is involved with the SO. Alex gave them the one word answer that had infuriated the SAS soldiers before but now they knew better than to ask too much questions. Now it infuriated the newbies who are just into selection. Ah the strawberry soldiers. They are gonna crushed if they are gonna have the attitude and be bad at what they do.
"Classified." Alex said to the SEALS who almost pouted at his single word reply but they are mature enough to know that if Alex could tell them, he would have. They also knew if he was truly involved with the SO it was better for them not to know anything and it is of course partially because Alex has signed the OSA. The one of the newbies suddenly stood and walked towards K-unit's table even after his teammates tried to stop him. They all knew K-unit was the best unit and they are to be feared not to mention the SEALS are there too. "Hey brat. What the hell are you doing here? You don't belong here especially not on this table with the best unit." The soldier said in a Jamaican accent. Alex quickly profiled him, usual habit. The soldier might have been a personal trainer before with the way he talks, married, no kids probably hate them or can't have them, bad attitude, untidy, loves control, doesn't like to follow orders unless it helps with his situation. "What are you tryna be? A wannabe SO?" The man sneered. "Where are your parents aren't they gonna come save their little baby boy?" Alex throughout the whole insults looked unfazed by it, he even decided to look away to check his phone instead as it buzzed silently with a message. The soldier seemed to be fuming mad at being ignored, remember, he loves to be in control. No control, temper lost. "What? Did your girlfriend just text you a breakup message? Aren't you gonna go cry to your mummy and daddy?" Again he was being ignored and the soldiers that have all grown to respect their little Cub was all having itchy trigger finger and twitching to want to take down the man insulting their precious comrade but they knew Alex could handle himself. The man lashing out at Alex, only to be pinned in a extremely painful lock onto the table where Alex originally sat but now he was standing behind the man, pinning him down. Alex regarded the man with cold hard brown eyes that nobody could bring themselves to even look at even though they are not the target of those emotionless brown eyes that has witnessed to much. "You are just a strawberry soldier, you're gonna crushed with that bloody behaviour of yours." Alex said in an equally cold and emotionless voice, making everyone flinch on instinct. "You're untidy, arrogant and ignorant, you don't like to follow orders unless they help your problems. That bloody attitude of yours is gonna get you and mates killed." Alex grounded out before he applied a little more pressure to make the man scream in pain. This can be a prefect time to start a short RTI to test just how good the few that made it into selection can be. Alex looked up at the rest and winked. A rare occurrence, and consider the fact that he was looking really dangerous before, it was very very rare. "Tell me who's you unit's members?" Alex asked, but the man clamped his mouth shut he doesn't know what Alex is up to but sure he'll wouldn't tell the kid a damn thing. The experienced soldiers all suddenly came to the realisation of what Alex is doing. "Expect the unexpected." was what Cub had said once.
When the soldier wouldn't talk, he pressed down a little harder, threatening to break it. "Ahhhh! Please stop! I'll tell you!"
Alex nodded as the man ratted out on his team. "Now, something more useful, anything about the intelligence service."
"What the f*. Who the hell are you?" The man growled but screamed in pain when Alex pinched a pressure point. Alex released it when the man yelled out his response. "Alex Rider! I heard he is the best of the best spy but he joined Scorpia!"
Alex blinked. "Why does everyone think Alex Rider is traitor?" Alex asked in a tone that held a hint exasperation. "I don't know! I heard it from a pub!"
"For the record, Alex Rider did not betray his country. He saved the world's behind more than you can count with you fingers and toes." Alex said, feeling a little weird talking about himself as a hero. He has done many hideous things, he killed so many people, got so many people killed. All dead because of one person. Himself.
Alex raised his head and his eyes met the sergeant's, Tyler smirked at him in response as he stepped out from his hiding spot. "Cub." There wasn't a hidden message, it wasn't a warning either, just a simple greeting. "Sir." Alex said and nodded his head as part of the greeting. "Well," Tyler said, addressing the soldier pinned to the table by Cub,"you are now binned. You ratted out on your teammate."
"But, but sir-"
"No buts!" Tyler barked before ordering him to pack up and leave. The man glared daggers at Alex as he stalked past him and out the door. Alex sighed as he sat down whilst pulling out his phone. "This is Alpha Romeo, do you copy me?"
"This is Charlie Delta. Loud and clear sir." The static like voice came through, sounding like a walkie talkie or like you know when pilots communicate while in air. Same thing. *waves you off*
"Oh god. I'm not on duty, drop the 'sir', Charlie." Alex 'sup' nodded at all the soldiers who were looking at him, they all scrambled to pretend to be doing something while trying to listen in on the seemingly interesting conversation. "Well, sir, I am on duty. I am suppose to respect you. Wait.... Holy sh*t!" Charlie cursed as he manoeuvred to avoid a spray of bullets. "God, I almost died." Alex suddenly had a flash of emotions in his eyes before it disappeared as quickly as it came. "Then why the hell are you still bloody talking to me?"
"Because sir, I need your help."
"Well, I need your help to." Alex said.
"Fantastic!" Charlie cheered. "You help me I help you. Save me!"
"How?"
"I can't get rid of them." Alex glanced at his phone that he had activated to monitor Charlie's flight. Three enemy plane are closing in on him. "Remember I said its like dancing or fighting however you like to see it."
"What?"
"Think quick on your feet, the plane is a part of you." Alex said calmly.
"What?! I can't-"
"Calm down, focus. Deep breath, think." Alex guided. The line was silent before there was an explosion. "Woohoo! I did it!" Charlie's cheer came through and Alex let out a sigh of quiet relief.
"Good job, Charlie."
"Thank you sir!" You can literally hear him grinning at being praised by the superior. "So what's do you need me to do?"
"Go to the pubs or bars whatever and listen for any rumours about Alex Rider and where they come from."
"Why can't you do that yourself?"
"Because I am underage?"
"... Right. So why do I need to find out about y-"
"Just do it." Alex said with a hint of authority. Charlie was biting his lips to refrain from saying 'Nike' because it's the slogan for this particular sports brand. When Alex kept his phone and looked up, everyone was trying to pretend they weren't listening to the conversation and that they were doing something else instead. Keyword, try. Alex raised an eyebrow at their attempt. They are really bad at this... Alex thought as he hid the wince from the pain that surged through him from his ribs.
Just how much authority does he have?