Part 17

After what felt like an eternity driving, the car finally came to a stop.

"Okay, come with me," Lando said, reaching over to grab my hand and guiding me out of the car. I tried to exit gracefully, but between the blindfold and my long dress, which was constricting my legs, I couldn't help but stumble my way out.

"She is grace," I muttered, after managing to collect myself.

"Do you trust me?" Lando asked, his hands gently resting on my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks.

"I think so," I replied, my voice tinged with uncertainty. Without waiting for further response, he scooped me up over his shoulder and began walking towards our destination.

"Lando!" I squealed, my voice a mix of surprise and laughter.

"Almost there," he said, taking a large step. I heard him greet someone and noticed a chorus of giggles in the background.

"Lando, what is going on?" I asked, my voice muffled as I was still draped over his shoulder. He paused and shifted me back onto my feet. The ground beneath me felt unsteady, and I swayed slightly as my senses readjusted.

"Ready to take your blindfold off?" he asked, his voice close behind me.

"Yes, please," I replied, my excitement bubbling up. He carefully removed the blindfold, and for a moment, the bright light was blinding, making me shut my eyes reflexively.

"That's bright," I said, shielding my eyes with my hand. Once the burning subsided, I slowly opened them and gasped at the breathtaking sight before me. I was on a yacht, with a stunning view of the water stretching out endlessly. A few feet ahead, there was a table set for two, complete with a bottle of wine and elegant place settings.

I turned to look at Lando, who was holding out a bouquet of flowers towards me. My jaw dropped in awe. I had been on many dates, but none had ever been this picture-perfect.

"Do you like it?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I hope it's not too much."

"It's beautiful. It's perfect. Thank you," I said, pressing a tender kiss to his lips. He led me to the table, and as we sat down, the boat began to glide out into the bay. I admired the flowers in my lap, my eyes welling up with tears from how incredibly sweet this moment was.

"This is so sweet," I said, jutting out my lower lip.

"I'm glad you like it," he said, his smile radiant as the water's reflection danced in his eyes.

"Wait, stay like that. You look so cute," I said, quickly snapping a picture of him to capture the moment. Lando poured us both a glass of wine, and I noticed he'd remembered my favorite kind from our discussion months ago during our first virtual date.

"Cheers," he said, holding up his glass.

"Salut," I replied, clinking my glass against his.

As the evening progressed, a woman brought out our meal and refilled our glasses. The sun had fully set, and we were now anchored just outside the port, offering us a stunning view of Monaco and the ocean. Lando and I chatted about everything and anything. He animatedly described what preseason testing would be like and his excitement to start the new season in less than two months.

"When is your next break?" he asked. We had moved to the front of the boat, where a padded area provided a cozy spot to sit. His arm was wrapped around my shoulders, and I nestled into his side as we gazed out at the city.

"I have three months in Charleston, and then after that, nothing. Which is new for me," I admitted. As much as I loved my work, I was eagerly anticipating a real break. I'd never had a gap without back-to-back filming since I started.

"Can I come to Charleston to see you?" he asked, turning to look at me with hopeful eyes.

"What, you miss me already?" I teased, smiling up at him.

"Something like that," he said, returning his gaze to the view.

"That would be nice. You coming" I said, answering his question. He nodded with a smile.

"And any weekend I have off, I'll come see you, wherever you are," I said, picking up on his subtle hint that's he's trying to figure out if this could work.

"That would be stressful for you, though," he said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"But it would make me happy," I said, using my hand to gently turn his face towards me.

"That would make me happy too," he said, leaning in to give me another kiss. I cupped his cheeks and deepened it, savoring how perfectly our lips fit together. He pulled me closer by my waist, turning me so that I lay partially on top of him. After a few minutes, we eventually slowed down, and he tenderly tucked fallen strands of hair behind my ears.

"You are perfect," he said, his eyes gleaming up at me.

"So are you," I said, pressing a kiss to his nose.

"be my girlfriend?" he asked, catching me slightly off guard. Although I'd felt this moment coming, it still sent a flutter of nerves through me.

"Are you asking or telling me?" I joked.

He playfully rolled his eyes and pinched my sides. "Will you be my girlfriend?" he rephrased.

"I would love to," I said, my smile widening as I gazed at him.

--

Liked by @drewstarkey, @carlossainz, @landonorris and 2,121,000 others

@Miareed On a boat somewhere brb

Load more comments