Part 24

I sat on my bed, Lando's shirt the only thing covering me, my guitar resting comfortably in my lap. He leaned against the bedframe, his eyes fixed on me, nothing but the sheets casually draped over his body.

I strummed, and strummed, and strummed secretly playing the melody to a song I wrote about him. 

"Is this one of the new ones?" he asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Maybe" I said, not taking my eyes off the guitar.

"What's it about?" He asked, sitting up a little more. A shy smile crept onto my face. 

"nothing" I said shrugging

"I don't believe you" He said smiling and moving so that he was now laying in front of me. I looked down and admired the man in front of me.

"it's about someone special" I admitted, running a hand threw his messy curls.

"Someone special, huh?" He asked, his smile growing as he looked up at me.

"mhmm" I said, going back to playing my guitar.

---

Liked by Landonorris, Billieeilish, charlesleclerc and 2,671,000 others

Miareed New music. Next Friday. Sound good?

Load comments

user1 OH MY GOD

Maxfewtrell Can I get  a feature?

Sabrinacarptenter And the Grammy goes to...

Taylorswift Proud of you <3

Landonorris It's a good one

          User2 They are so dating

          User3 Did you see his story? 

          User4 Please Mia give us a love song

---

The next morning, I brought Lando to my recording studio. He'd been itching to learn how everything came together, and I had high hopes for teaching him, but it was proving to be a bit of an impossible task.

"Okay, so now you layer this one," I said, showing him how to move the vocals around. He followed my instructions, managing to layer my harmonies surprisingly well.

"I feel like it needs something," he said, glancing at me, his brow slightly furrowed in thought. I was thinking the same thing but wanted to see how well he could pick up on it.

"What should we add?" I asked, gesturing toward the array of instruments surrounding us.

"Drums!" he exclaimed, hopping up and making his way to the drum set.

"Go on then," I encouraged, curious to see what he'd come up with.

"Just something simple," he said, tapping a few sticks together as he tried to figure out the rhythm. I played the track and turned on the microphone to capture the sounds. He started off with a gentle beat, something subtle that felt surprisingly fitting against the backdrop of the track.