08: the ball incident

CHAPTER EIGHT ; WHY ARE YOU SIDING WITH HER?

"What time are we ending practice today, Coach?" Jaeyun inquired, eyes desperate for an early time

"What time are we ending practice today, Coach?" Jaeyun inquired, eyes desperate for an early time. The student coach looked at his watch, eyes curious as to why he was asking. "You know, I have this date with a girl from Whimoon, and I obviously need to give my lips some action."

"You little fool... when will you settle on a girlfriend?" Coach Choi reprimanded, pointing his finger at him. "When you settle, you'll have all you need from her. Why go around asking for it from a variety of girls? Are you not afraid that you'll get a disease?"

"The only disease I suffer from is being too hot," Coach Choi rolled his eyes and the two entered the locker room together, seeing Sunoo frantic. "Woah, Kim. What's going on?"

But, all the two had to do was look down at the basket of soccer balls, seeing them all deflated. The rest of the team was already sitting there, dejected–or honestly, too afraid to calm down the manager. "What happened to the soccer balls?!" Coach Choi roared, making all of them flinch. "Nobody's leaving the locker room until I find out who did it. You better be honest if you want an elevated punishment!"

Jaeyun snorted as he walked to his locker, getting ready to change. As he put in the locker code, he opened it wide–and Beomgyu was the first to take sight of it. "Is that a soccer pump, Jaeyun!?" Jaeyun looked at him, ready to deny it, but when he turned back to his locker, he was surprised to see it there. "Did you deflate all of the balls?!"

"No, no, wait," Jaeyun shook his head furiously, pulling it out. Sunoo gasped and so did some of the team, Sohee facepalming at the sight of Jaeyun's shock. "No, guys, wait! Really, I didn't deflate the balls! Come on, you know that I love soccer like it's my own child! Why would I purposely–"

"Is that why you asked me if we were ending practice early? Because you deflated all the balls and don't want to practice!?" Yeonjun slammed down his clipboard, enraged. "Jaeyun, what the hell is wrong with you!? If you don't want to go to practice, don't show up!"

"No, Coach Choi, really, it wasn't me!"

"The evidence is already stacked against you. There's no one else who has access to the locker room but us!" Jaeyun looked at Sunoo for help, but Sunoo was upset too. This meant that Sunoo would have a lot more work to do, and he and Narae were going to the movies tonight. "Since you're the one who did it, you're going to be the one to pump all twenty-three of these soccer balls back up today. Manually!"