17 : water meets land

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ; YOUR JEALOUSY IS SHOWING

Sowon entered the swimming pool, recalling how gigantic it was

Sowon entered the swimming pool, recalling how gigantic it was. Today was the Hanseong team's swim meet with other schools, including Seoul's. She had to mention that because Sowon's fondness toward that school has grown a little bigger. Shoving her hands into her jacket pockets, she walked towards the Hanseong side of the pool, looking for the person who invited her.

"Sowon!" She snapped her head in the direction of the voice, seeing someone sift through the men. Suddenly, Sunghoon appeared, his chest revealed and his lower first half concealed in swim trunks. It was the first time she's ever seen his toned chest, and she almost had to physically turn around to stop her from looking. "Hey, you came this time!"

"I've rejected two meets by far. Third time's the charm, right?" They laughed, Sunghoon brushing back his sticky, wet hair with both hands. "What event are you participating in today?"

"I'm doing the first one, two hundred yard freestyle," Sunghoon looked out at the long pool, sighing. "I'm honestly not feeling in my best condition today, but I'm unable to let my team down."

She patted his shoulder, attempting to encourage him. "I have faith in you, Sunghoon. I think that you'll do great today," He smiled wide, nodding. "I can't stay for that long today since I have to do some chores, but I'll stay for two events."

"That's alright–at least you'll get to watch mine," Sunghoon winked and suddenly, the co-captain joined him on his right.

"Sowon," Heeseung grinned, sticking his hand out. He was also half-naked, causing Sowon to force her eyes to stare into his. "I'm Lee Heeseung, the co-captain. I'm also a close friend of Jaeyun's."

"Why do you have to mention him?" Sunghoon huffed, nudging him. "He's not even here."

"Yet," Heeseung shrugged. "Besides, haven't you heard?"

Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows, causing Sowon to smile awkwardly and knit her fingers together. "What the hell are you talking about? Actually, I'm not even curious," Sunghoon shooed him off, causing Heeseung to laugh and stroll off. "Sorry about him. Sometimes he speaks without thinking, and–"