04 : blow a fuse

CHAPTER FOUR ; SOCCER PLAYERS HAVE EGO AND A PASSION

"Alright, remember the plan," Coach Choi spoke, pointing at the board

"Alright, remember the plan," Coach Choi spoke, pointing at the board. "We continue with our usual positions and fight from there. If we must substitute Seunghan and slash or Gunwook in, we will."

Everyone agreed, including the tired captain. It's been a few days since the party, but he's felt more fatigued. Due to a scrimmage the day right after and now, an official game, he's been losing sleep. But, the more he works toward his goal, the more likely he can get that award.

As they walked out of their meeting room and out to the field, Sohee was the first to notice the empty stands. "Where are our usual watchers? Not even Narae is here to watch," Sohee commented, catching Jaeyun's attention. He turned to their home stands and saw complete emptiness, almost as if they weren't playing a school they were surely going to defeat. "Woah!"

The Seoul soccer team turned their heads toward the Daeil High School away stands, seeing it filled to the brim. Now that was out of the ordinary. Many home games caused away teams to have barely any fans, but for the first time, a mid-athletic soccer team was super popular; more popular than having the notorious Seoul playboy on their team.

Jaeyun gritted his teeth, not letting that jealousy take over his mind. "Keep up. We've got a game to win."

And they continued toward the field, going toward Sunoo. He was already in a daze, looking at the other side of the field—but if anyone knew what was up, it was him. Sunoo knew the whole plan, and in fact, took part in it. He knew what happened at the party, admitting that Jaeyun's behavior needed a cold humbling.

Well, Sowon was giving it to him.

"Good luck today," Sunoo reassured as he patted his friends' backs, clearing his throat. He saw Jaeyun looking pissed, and gave him an extra tap. "Don't look so upset, hyung. It's just one game."

"Where's Narae?" Jaeyun ignored his comment. "Doesn't she come to all our games?"

"She has something going on with Sowon," Lie. Narae was following the plan. She wasn't showing up. "Have you noticed that our own students are cheering on Daeil?"