00 : earth and ice

PROLOGUE ; I'LL SHOW THEM BRAVE

"Pass it!" The captain screamed at her teammate, causing the teammate to oblige quickly

"Pass it!" The captain screamed at her teammate, causing the teammate to oblige quickly. As her stick whacked the puck to her friend, the puck slid against the synthetic ice, landing right in the captain's grasp. The girl's eyes ferociously spun in the direction of the goal, looking at the goaltender's determined stance. The other teammates from the rivalry team were edging up on her, and the captain had to think quickly.

"Ryu!" Someone called her alias, catching her attention. Her teammate beckoned to the free space opening up between them, wanting her to hit in her direction. So, just as Ryu got closer to an opponent, she twisted around them, hitting the puck with a backhand pass. The puck flew across the stadium and ended up right in her teammate's grasp, and within seconds, Ryu's teammate hit it toward the net, causing the goaltender to panic, reaching for it–but the puck had already flown high, and it smacked right into the space above her shoulder. Ryu's team had scored.

The girls at Hanseong raised their pucks in victory, but now, it was a tie. Ryu looked at the clock: Two minutes until the last period ends. It had already been 58 minutes, and there was no chance that they could play stupid games like they were known for. So, Ryu called for a team meeting in the middle of the ice with her fingers, her team crowding around her for a second.

"Keep your eye on the puck," She signaled with her fingers and a quiet voice, everyone nodding in agreement. "Make no space for them to move around. We need to get to this point as soon as possible. Be vicious."

"Got it, Ryu!" They all put their sticks on one another, pushing them to the ice. "Hanseong!"

The cheers from their students grew louder as the team dispersed with Ryu in the middle, ready to receive the puck. Two minutes and five seconds was all they had. So, when the referee dropped the puck in slow motion, it didn't take long for Ryu to attack–she shoved her hockey stick in the center before the other school's captain could, roughhousing by turning hard with her shoulder and knocking the captain to the side. The puck was now in their grasp.

Ryu spun back, passing it to her best friend in and out of the ice, staring down the puck as it flew. Someone bumped right into Ryu soon after, harshly pushing her into the barrier. Her stomach almost pumped out of her chest, air knocking her to hold the frame of it. Her teammate flew over. "You alright, Ryu!?"