For the Pretenders

I think I would make a great actress. I act every day.

I act like I'm not loosing my mind. I act like I'm happy and have it all together.

Sometimes, for even a brief moment, I start to believe it. I give into the lies I tell myself and the fake smiles I put on. But then I remember that I'm a mess. I'm stressed about everything and once one thing gets resolved, another pops up.

Sometimes I think of cutting. Just so maybe someone would notice something was wrong. But that wouldn't be good. I tried that before.

Sometimes I think of drinking away my troubles. Just let myself go, even if only for a few hours. But then I remember that it's not a permanent solution.

So what am I to do? Keep pretending? Maybe things will get better. Maybe they won't.

God says not to worry. He says to give all your worries to him and He will take care of you and make things right. He doesn't want us to feel stressed and alone. He is always there for us, even in the darkest of times.

Don't worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7