Part 1

I sat in my house wondering how I was going to survive turning young dumb people into soldiers who could fight. I was no longer a soldier in the field.

After the injury, they put me on city duty. I was not okay with it but I accepted that was what the rules were. It had been 1 year  since I was off the field and I got used to it.

Until last night. I received an email requesting me to become an MTI (military training instructor) also known as drill Sergent but only for these 50 trainees. They were needed to be stationed in as military protection agents after military training.

Which means they will protect political leaders and other influential leaders like rich people but still under the title of Army.

So I would be transforming civilians into soldiers.

The reason it was urgent was that the last Instructor had an emergency in which he was forced to retire. Leaving his trainees without an Instructor. They wanted someone who had served to turn the recruites into very skilled military agents who could protect political leaders.

I was going to continue where he left off. I had packed my bag and all I had to do was wait for the transportation car.

I hoped the trainees were not too weak. But then I remembered my love for teary little weaklings.

I fed off fear.

I had served in the army for 12 years. Moved myself up to a captain of sorts before the injury. That title as a woman came harder than most. Even though I was honored, I still wanted to fight for my country.

Maybe turning these new recruites into brave strong unstoppable soldiers was also a way to serve my country.

By 3pm the car had arrived. I had packed all my uniforms and everything I would need while living at the training barracks.

"I never thought I would see the day Captain Chase would have to train recruites. Or should i say, Sergeant Chase now"

Sergeant Chase. Had a nice respectful ring to it huh?. Oh yes that was me, the so called respected soldier.

Chase Wright.

My full name but most people who knew me from the army just called me Captain. My army name was more known than my actual name.

"Well life is definitely full of surprises Private Percy"

I served alongside him for a few months in Afghanistan. We trained together as recruites too. He was also a retired soldier who didn't want to just sit around so he became a driver for the military.

"I already feel sorry for them. You are one cruel motherfucker. That's exactly why they chose you" Percy joked.

"I do what I gotta do. Remember Private Donald. That man was a devil but he made us tough strong soldiers who led our country into victory."

"It's not that I'm ungrateful but that man was a sadistic fuck. If he wasn't dead, I would have punched his balls  at least once"

"Percy you are still obsessed with balls even now?" I side eyed the old man.

"Only my husband's. I'm not allowed to appreciate anyone else's" Percy Chuckled shaking his had with a fake frown.

The whole way we talked about our old military days. You would think we were the same age but I was 33. He was 40.

But seeing one of the men I walked side by side with made my mind be more sure about training the kids. Our trainer was cruel. He showed no mercy and that was what I wanted. To prepare them hard enough so they could survive out there.