Part 3

The whole week Aidan stopped slacking around and I could tell she was one strong young woman. Maybe she reminded me of myself when I was training.

After that week we got to the 6km Grenade practice, the stretcher carry drill field practice and church drill. They were used to waking up at 3am now that I would arrive when they were done with their beds.

Jamie got more competitive but I loved how that nature pushed her to train harder. They were stronger with each day. Whenever it was a partner training I made sure to pair Aidan with Jamie and they seemed to get on each other's nerves.

"Alright, today we are doing additional weapons training. I want each one to stand in your mark holding your firearms."

They all stood in the right posture their guns pointing towards the targets. I wanted to see their accuracy despite the fact that they went through weapon handling training in the first 3 weeks.

"You have 5 targets. The goal is shooting at the fifth bottle right behind without shooting the rest. Then the 4th to the 3rd and you know the drill. Cruza, please start"

Jamie smirked and grabbed the M-22 rifle then stood in her posture. I went behind her.

"Your elbow should be pointing down" I moved my hand over her waist helping her stand the right way.

I stepped back and I just looked in Aidan's direction to notice her jaw locked as if she was grinding her teeth. Aidan always acted weird sometimes. I just assumed it was her character and that was okay with me.

Why else would she get angry at the sight if me helping Jaimie?.

I looked back to see Jamie shoot the last bottle in the back, the second from last one by one until the one on front.

"Alright Cruza, good job. . Who is next?. Geoma" That was Dawn Geoma. Honestly, she was the clumsy one. But my secret favorite.

The girl shook her head nervously pleading with her eyes.

"You are next, Geoma"

The girl took her posture and held the firearm the correct way then began to shoot. She only shot the second one instead of the third one but she was good.

"Next! Burton!"

Alice got th right except she missed the last bottle.

"Next! Black!"

Aidan took her posture.

"What Is the problem Black?. Your elbow is pointed down and your grip is loosened?" I stepped on her side.

She swallowed nervously trying to hold the gun tighter.

I went behind her and helped her figure. I didn't even hear her breath. When I stepped back she was sweating.

"Are you left handed?"

"Y.yes. yes Sergeant" She was always so soft when she spoke to me.

"Speak up!"

"Yes, Sergeant!"

"Change your posture and show me how you hold your gun!"

Aidan changed her posture in a way she was holding the gun with her left hand on the forestock and her left hand on the grip. I internally smiled then stepped back. I noticed the way her body seemed to relax as if she was breathing out.

Hmm I made her nervous.

She took a shot and got the first one right. I didn't know why I felt like I wanted her to get it right. I felt like I was too focused on Aidan among all of them.