Part 16

Aidan was waiting for me by the time I got there 10 minutes before 1800. It made me wonder how long she had been waiting.

I was carrying a bag with everything for the night in the forest. She was just, her.

It was amusing how she was this tough trainee yet she loved relying on me. She trusted me and it was puzzling to deal with how soft she was. I just wanted to know what she wanted from me.

I was not about to be her little exciting experience.

"I think I came unprepared. Are we staying the night?" Aidan noted, embarrassed.

"Yes"

"You could have said that." Aidan crossed her arms as if trying to glare at me in a scary way.

Adorable.

"I wanted to see if you will use common sense" I muttered walking past her towards the mountain.

"W..what?. Are you calling me stupid Sergeant Chase?" She called out following me.

"You said it, not me"

I heard her mutter a bunch of words under her breath so I would not hear her. I chuckled and increased my pace while she was busy talking to herself probably cussing me out.

By the time we reached the top, she was still yet to catch up to me. I kept walking down heading for the forest. Then I heard fast footsteps and she ran past me.

How petty could this girl be?.

"See you at the bottom Sergeant Chase!!"

I shook my heard changing the route to mess with her. It was hilarious to watch her try to find me when I was hiding in a tree. When she found me, she started hitting the trunk with her boots shaking the tree I was sitting in.

I held on the brunches then dropped my bag behind her which made her turn to look and I jumped down from the tree. In surprise, she threw a punch in my direction and I moved my head.

I watched her turn to hit me again which made sense. I decided to fight her like she wanted. Aidan was good, really good. We sparred moving around the trees. She was merciless. Aidan wanted to prove something and I was making it very hard for her.

Finally, I hit her back and she made impact with the tree knocking the wind out if her. She recovered quick kicking my knee and I yelped falling down.

She raised her right leg to kick me and I grabbed her left leg which knocked her down with a thud.

"It's been two hours, let's set up a tent" I suggested sitting against a tree.

"But I am not done yet"

"Face it, you can't beat me. I'm your master" I shrugged with a smile.

"I must beat you to know I'm ready. I know this might seem stupid but uh.. you are kinda my role model at the moment" I couldn't see much since the moon was not out bright yet.

"Role model?. I'm not that inspiring"

"You are strong, strict and very...in control. Your service in the Army, I want to be that strong. That fast. You know what you are doing. And you are fair. Despite your sadistic nature, you are an amazing trainer. And.."She stopped talking looking down between her legs.

"What?"

"You are the type of person I would want to be, because I want to be someone who would have protected me as a child"

I felt honored.

"You will be better than me. Now come on. We need to set up a setting a tent then I can let my sadistic nature train you for the whole night" I joked standing up.