Part 21

Warning: this chapter contains events that might be very triggering.

The second day of the final military exams. We were mixed up. All 250 trainees. We were given a physical fitness tests. They were 8.

The first one were sit-ups in a limited timeline. Same as push-ups. Then a 4 kilometer run. We moved to the obstacle test which I was so focused on passing. Sergeant Chase had really prepared us. I could tell other trainees struggling and it meant something to see the male trainees struggling when we were so prepared.

Sergeant Chase gave us things harder that what they were giving us.

Like the swimming tests were easy. I remembered to imagine myself in the field. Any little mistake, my team could lose their lives. The last test of the day was a body fat percentage measurement and we were free to go.

The next day we had written exams. I was anxious and I worried I would fail. If I failed, I would not be able to go with Sergeant Chase home. She won't be impressed either.

"I know I said I hate Sergeant Chase but I love that woman" Lola exclaimed when we were coming from eating dinner walking in our bays to finally rest.

"Why the change of heart?" Dawn asked

"Imagine my surprise when that officer said, 80 push-ups, 2 minutes. Sergeant Chase had us doing 100 in 110 seconds. That woman had me ready for anything" Lola rolled her neck clapping her hands at last.

"I won't argue with you on that. I know I passed that physical fitness exam. Now, I just hope I remember information we studied for the written exams." Jaimie moaned dreading the exam.

"Just close your eyes and remember one of your nightmares. Sergeant Chase telling us all that shit in her weird twisted way. Hell I wish I could forget" Alice chuckled rubbing her eyes.

"I will never forget Sergeant Chase. I might need some soft treatment and some love to feel normal again. I think her aura is rubbing off on me" Maddie sighed with a whole serious expression that made us all laugh.

"I know we should study but I think we should sneak out tonight. We are leaving this place in a few days and I  feel like you guys are my family now" Dawn pouts pushing herself to hug Jaimie.

"Ey, remove your little paws from me Dawn. Don't go soft on me now" Jaimie tried getting the girl off but Dawn was a clinger.

Her grip was very strong when it came to getting her dose of affection.

"I'm not a dog. I don't have paws"

"You are more of an adorable tiger. Good looks but viscious" Sureya compliments which got Dawn smiling.

"Thank you Su" She moved from Jaimie and went to hug Sureya instead.

Maybe she was right. They were my family now. It felt like we were really close and we knew each other's strengths and qualities.

"So we sneak out the night before a difficult exam, I'm so in" Lola dropped on her bed with a sigh.

"I got something to get us...a little more chill." Alice smirked moving over to her bed. She got out her small bag then pulled out three toothpaste tubes.

"You want to make us feel better with Colgate?" I spoke for the first time.

"No Papi. Just...give me your hand" Sureya coaxed.

I hesitantly gave her my hand and she screwed the cap over and squeezed the tube between her fingers. Crushed weed landed in my palm shocking me and the rest of us.