Part 11

AIDAN

The whole week, I acted up. I could tell she was frustrated by me but that was nothing compared to my frustration.

Sergeant Chase was not giving me the reaction I wanted. She just told me to stop or made me run laps or a lot of workouts as punishment.

It was Friday and we had barracks inspections early morning. We had these inspections every week but on a random day. It kept us on our toes because any day could be inspection.

She inspected bed by bed and as much as I wanted to make Sergeant Chase mad, I knew better. She was not the only one who ran our inspections. Only 4 trainees were put in a bad position because of their beds but everything was fine.

It showed how hard we were disciplined by her. The other trainees from different bases were known for being bad. Drugs, getting drunk, sneaking out to go to town. Sneaking  to the woods with boys.

We were like that with our last Instructor but after the first week with Sergeant Chase. Our bones hurt, every part of me was in pain from her strict training. We didn't have time to do all that. Not even the energy to keep up with our shenanigans.

"Next week will be the hardest for you. We are going to be tying all our training together. And you all know what comes after that"

"The end of cycle tests" some of us answered.

"Yes, those will determine whether you are good enough to go next level or not but before you are tested. Next week will show me if you are going on or not. As for the weekend, we got theory classes. Early morning fitness training and late night laps. You are dismissed"

Sergeant Chase walked away before we could even salute. She was acting different since morning. I felt my heart clench at the idea of something bothering her.

Was she sick?.

As much as I had been making her job harder, I cared about her. I looked at where she disappeared to with a frown on my face.

"I hate theory class. Sitting on a desk is not my thing" Jaimie complained.

"I am sure all of us hate theory class. Especially with Sergeant Chase." Alice mumbled.

"The best way to get it over with is listening and knowing all the information she expect us to know. She is good at teaching in the field but her patience doesn't extend to theory class" Dawn adorably explained to us with a small smile placed on her lips.

For some reason, Dawn loved Sergeant Chase. I could only hope she was not crushing on the love of my life.

"I'm already dreading next week's schedule. I can already feel the ache of what she will have us doing" Maddie visibly shivered and honestly she was not wrong.

I was dreading it too.

And tests. I needed to stop acting up.

All this time I never thought about it but maybe the reason she let me disrespect her was that she had been writing it down. All my bad behavior was going in the record.

Fuck.

My mood immediately plummeted down. I could feel my anxiety creeping up.