Chapter 27: The Emergency Planned Charms

In unseen depths, emotions stir and sway
Releasing secrets in the night-time's sway.

Words form and flow, a dance of hidden fears,
The weight of burdens slowly disappears.
In quiet company understanding unspoken
Navigating the heaviness, unbroken.

Through verse's embrace, finding release,
A solace in words that grant peace.
The weight of secrets, untangled in rhyme,
In creation's act, transcending space and time.

In the shadows of the Moon's gentle glow,
Whispers of secrets ebb and flow
A silent pact between heart and soul
As emotions in the darkness roll.

In the realm where words softly dance,
Emotions whispered in a gentle trance.
A tapestry woven with threads unseen,
Each line a journey; each thought keen.

With each passing thought, a story told,
In the language of emotions, bold.
Through the power of expression a path we make,
In the embrace of creation, finding solace awake.

End of Poetry Poem.

The weight of the world seemed to lift as Bloom's pen finally left the page. A sigh escaped her lips, a wave of relief washing over her. A gust of wind, cold and shadowy, whipped past her, making her jump. Kiko, her little bunny, scrambled up her arm, burrowing into her hair, still wavy as ever. Wind indoors? Impossible! She'd closed the door after the others left.

"I know you're there, Black!" Bloom declared, her voice firm. "I've always known!" She refused to look at the wall; her gaze fixed on the floor.

"Impressive, impressive," Pitch's voice slithered through the room. "What made you mention the Moon in that curious little poem of yours?"

"None of your beeswax!" Bloom snapped her jaw clenched.

"I beg to differ!" Pitch exclaimed his voice laced with amusement.

"I don't see what's got your shadows so ruffled! The moon is just a hunk of space rock." Bloom lied her eyes meeting Pitch's directly. The intensity of her gaze, sharp and cold, nerved him making him step back slightly.

"You really do get over your fears quickly, precious fairy," Pitch purred his voice a venomous caress. "A rare gift; a rare talent."

"So what's that got to do with you and me?" Bloom scoffed her patience wearing thin. "I know you're trying to scare me, you always have. I've known about you since I was a child just like other Earth kids. And I won't forget all the crimes you've committed against them!" Her voice rose fueled by anger. "I felt those screams; the screams of the orphan friends I made on Earth. Someday, your work will be finished for good!"

"You deny the truth," Pitch hissed. "The Moon is more than rock."

"Maybe under the surface," Bloom countered a flicker of defiance in her eyes. "But few dare to believe what lies beneath the surface. Nice try, Black, but you won't pick one inch of my brain. You already had your fill last night and the day before! Not going to happen again today!"

"How do you know what I told your puny brain!" Pitch sneered.

"First of all, it's not puny." Bloom retorted her voice laced with sarcasm. "Second, fairy powers, obviously duh! Get that through your thick skull, Black." She paused her gaze hardening before saying. "All the villains I've faced have gone for me because my powers are a threat, but that isn't your game, is it?!"

"I have no use for your powers, Bloom." Pitch said his voice devoid of emotion. "It would be an insufferable mess. But I meant what I said. In whatever vision we might have shared, your foster father will endure a fatal bruise to his ego while performing his duties in that fire of that particular building!"