Chapter 12: A Camera?!

"You're kidding, right, Electra and Tecna?" Stella asked, seeking clarification. 
"Stella, how long have we known these two? Three years, and they barely joke around," Bloom reminded her teammate rolling her eyes afterwards. 
"But a camera in a painting?!" gasped Flora her eyes wide with disbelief. 
"I know, that's creepy in and of itself," stated Alysha. "Glad you noticed it, Electra." 
"Me too." added Electra still in shock her suspicions had been accurate.
"Well, I'm off to see Griselda," said Tecna. "We've got to put a halt to that camera." 
"Aisha, are you okay?" inquired Electra, noticing her cousin's unease. 
"No, I'm not! Every time I think I'm finally drifting away from doing the stupid things my father does, I end up doing them way worse," Aisha stammered, her eyes flushed with resentment. "He was doubtful and hopeless against Valtor, an actual villain, while I come off as intimidatingly scary to a mere student. I have to find Clarice and tell her I'm sorry." She rose from her seat, unable to bear the reminder of how she resembled her own father, and walked out of the room, determined to seek Clarice.

"When are you getting discharged, Bloom?" Electra asked, trying to keep the mood light. 
"Nurse Ofelia said in an hour and a half I can get back to work," Bloom replied. "Besides, Faragonda wants to meet us in her office later today about the Wizards. She came in a moment ago." 
"Well, this is still too much for me to process. Being watched by a freaky magic canvas camera!" exclaimed Stella, crossing her arms in annoyance. "I'm going for a walk. Someone has to check the parameters." With that, Stella walked out of the room, her frustration palpable. 

"Do I need to say we all know she's going to try to socialize with the other students, not actually check the borders of the school campus?" Musa guessed following it with a smirk. 
"I know," stated Electra. "Her brain is still slightly askew." 
"You got that right. I'd better go find Natalie," said Alysha. "See you in the office, girls." 
Shifting_Tide