Chapter 2: The Hall of Villains

As the Winx entered the Alfea building, their vibrant energy filled the space, stirring the familiar sense of excitement within. They were getting ready to teach, and the hallways buzzed with the chatter of other fairies preparing for the day ahead. Gafara stood apart, caught in her anxious thoughts when she spotted Faragonda approaching. The Headmistress's warm, kind demeanor always seemed to put her at ease even amidst her turmoil.

"Gafara, it's been a while since I've seen you," Faragonda greeted her with a gentle smile. Gafara turned her attention to her aunt, forcing a smile of her own.

"Yes, Auntie, I've been trying to find friends." The statement felt hollow, a half-truth shrouded in her fear and self-doubt.

"Come with me; there's something I think your mother would like me to tell you," Faragonda said, her tone turning serious.

Gafara's heart raced at the thought of what her aunt might reveal.

"About the historic loss of the Earth Fairies? I'd wish you'd explain more about that, Auntie," she pressed, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"You're too young for that," Faragonda replied, guiding Gafara toward her office.

As they walked, Gafara felt the weight of Pitch's words creeping into her mind. The shadow bug, a small, creeping creature that served Pitch, nestled under her head, whispering insidiously.

"Unscrew the flask and demand her to let you know the school's biggest secret," Pitch's voice lingered in her head, loathsome and compelling. "If you don't, I'll reveal the truth to everyone here, and you'll never gain those powers of yours will never receive the time to function properly."

The threat twisted in her stomach like a knot. Gafara couldn't allow Pitch's sinister implications to come to fruition. With unease washing over her, she discreetly unscrewed the flask, hiding it behind her back, hoping Faragonda wouldn't notice as they entered her office.

As they stepped into the warm, cozy space filled with books and magical artifacts, Faragonda paused. "What is that smell? New perfume?" she inquired, raising an eyebrow at Gafara. Gafara felt her heart race. She needed a quick cover-up to hide her dangerous mission. "Ah, yes, the name is Onyx Peppermint," she said, forcing a casual tone that felt too stiff. "I found it in a shop in the village."

Faragonda seemed to consider this but added thoughtfully, "The scent is quite striking. But remember, Gafara, there are somethings perfumes can cover up that don't belong in this school..." Her tone shifted, hinting at something deeper.

The atmosphere in the office thickened, tension weaving into the air as Gafara felt the flask's weight pressing against her palm. She needed to tread carefully—not only to avoid revealing Pitch's influence but also to protect herself from the depths of the secret she found herself entangled in.Gafara took a deep breath, slowly questioning herself as she gazed at her aunt. Was it worth confronting the truth for her power and the chance to escape her circumstances? She glanced at Faragonda, who was now focused on organizing papers on her desk.

"Um, Auntie," Gafara began, her voice trembling slightly, "what really happened to the Earth Fairies? I know it's a difficult topic, but I feel... I feel like I need to know."

A flicker of concern crossed Faragonda's face, and Gafara held her breath. The moment stretched into eternity. Would her aunt acknowledge the darkness in her lineage? Would Gafara uncover the truth that could reshape her destiny, or would she remain locked in the shadows, waiting for the inevitable consequences of her momentous decision? Gafara's heart raced as she awaited her aunt's response, the flask still hidden behind her back, Pitch's looming threats echoing in her mind. The path ahead was murky, but she was determined to seek the truth—whatever that might mean for her future.