31.Beneath the Surface

Y/N POV

As soon as I sit in car, I was breathing heavily. I gulped to catch my breath. She is the reason for most of my pain. My body shivers when I see her. 

I drove to my apartment, came inside and landed on the couch. For the first time, when I saw her, I was not scared but Angry. For the first time I felt Strong enough to face. For the first time, I saw terror in her eyes and I liked it. 

I need to stop thinking about this all or I'll take some decisions which will ruin my plan. Because I felt so strong today that I was ready to chock her but No, She will never get such an easy ending.

I drove back to office only to find Taehyung already waiting for me. What was he waiting for? I walked to him. He smiled and forwards a cup of tea towards me.

"It is herbal tea. You know... good for skin during winters " He said with a smile

How in the world is he always so chill? He had a divorce two months back, Whole media is making a news out of him, filling anything in the article except the truth. BUT LOOK AT HIM!!, smiling like he is enjoying his life....maybe he is just trying to hide his sadness like I do. 

"I....um....Thanks" I said, taking the cup from his hand.  His words kept ringing in my ears- God wants us to be strong.  YES, I did feel strong after facing Jennie. is he a part-time spiritual saint?

"Soojin went to Paris with Mom and Dad. And I am feeling bored now", He said as we walk to sit on a table of cafeteria.  "oh" I nodded

His eyes lit up suddenly, though it still had the toughness of an adult.  

"Y/N, Shall we go to the Carnival after office hours? It is the first day of it" He asked with hope in his eyes.  Why is he always so excited for roaming around the city, as if his legs have wings. There is no point of arguing, he will try everything to convince me if I say NO.

"SURE", I said and forced a smile. 

TIME SKIPS

AT 8:33 PM

Employees were leaving for home and some were still working . I was checking some reviews of customers. I heard a knock on the door of my cabin.

"Come in"

"Ready?", I don't even have to look to see, it is him. I looked up and nodded. He was ready in his overcoat, looks like he was too excited for this. I picked my overcoat and switched the lights of my cabin off. I came out and stood In front of building with quick steps while he followed me and catches my pace. He decided to add more excitement by encouraging me to walk on streets. But WHY?  He has a car, right? As we walked on the streets silently as there was still busy sound of  this city. 

ON THE BEACH 

We reached the beach and stood there watching the Ocean. But why are we here?

"Y/N , Do you remember our first encounter? " he asked while gulping a laugh. I nodded,'

"of course I do", 

"I still remember when we got into an argument, I always thought you were rude and too professional "  He chuckled and I just smiled in response.

Of course , he must have thought that. After all I am very professional. There is  a reason Why I crossed this thin line of professionalism otherwise, I would have kept him as far as I keep my other business professionals. 

"But now that we are friends, I can say you are just too quite otherwise you seem really harmless and nice". He laughed a little. does he think he has cracked a joke? maybe