|| Darth Vader is free ||

The walls around them shook. Debris crumbled in clouds of dust as one man's pain was reigned throughout the whole base.

Obiwan watched, speechless as Padmé walked through it, unphased, unbothered. Even as brick fell on her very shoulders.

Guards ran to the basement where Anakin had once been kept, he didn't need to hear their distressed voices to know he was gone.

As Padmé passed him he stopped her, looking into her unrecognisable face and whispered, with fear for them all.

"What have you done?"

Her eyes flashed, pain beyond measure flowed behind them as her face crumbled.

"I can't do it anymore Obiwan."

Tears flowed down her cheeks, smudged with dust from the crumbling building around them.

And in that moment Obiwan realised how unfair this had all been on Padmé. How much of a burden.

Their reliance on her for the need of Anakin to cooperate. To use him as a weapon against the very empire he had created.

The cruelty behind the metaphorical chains Obiwan had helped force on Padme.

She for all intents and purposes had been stuck in an impossible situation.

And she, on her own, had gotten out of it.

His anger melted as he beheld her broken figure hunched over him sobbing into his shoulder.

He shouldered his way through the masses of panicked guards as he brought them to a private place where she could grieve.

He felt sick with himself as he watched her. Horrified by the sight of her even as he looked out the windows fearing what would become.

Anakin was out. Heartbroken with too much knowledge. And nothing to lose.

Obiwan hugged Padmé tighter.

————————————-

Ahsoka watched Lux from a distance. He looked so... normal... in his casual clothing.

She was hit with a sense of Deja vu from the day they had first met. Expect maybe this time she was the oogling fool.

He looked panicked, in fact everyone did as the walls around them literally crumbled.

Sighing, Ahsoka stepped up on a table demanding everyone's attention.

They listened to her. The authority made her smile, as she beheld them all, ignoring Lux's fighter gaze.

She hated it.

"Do not panic we are not under attack."

Panicked voices questioning her judgement arose. She silenced them with her hand as she continued.

"I know because Anakin Skywalker did something stupid yesterday despite my Stella advice against it. And these earthquakes we are experiencing."

She motioned to the walls that had finally settled. It felt like magic, everyone seemed to think so, even as it was just the force informing her that it was over. She smiled and finished.

"He is just having an adult temper tantrum if you will"

A woman raised her hand, her face still etched in fear.

Ahsoka nodded her head indicating for her to speak.

"How do we expect to keep him in our dungeon if he is powerful enough to do ..."