Chapter 3: The Dream

She covered her body tightly and looked around her room in terror.

At Lugard estate.

The assistant walks into the mansion with a serious expression on his face.

The servant and the butler greeted him.

Where is the young master? He asked.

In his room, the butler answered.

In a dark and cold room, Lugard sat on the bedside, staring straight ahead as if he could see through the wall. When his phone rang, he answered it without checking the caller ID, as if he already knew who was calling.

"Hello son, did I disturb your rest just now?" asked Mr. Miller.

Lugard replied indifferently, "Go straight to the point."

Mr. Miller was angry and wanted to confront Lugard immediately, but he held back and said, "I'm calling to tell you the good news."

Lugard furrowed his brow and asked in a cold voice, "What good news?"

"The Davis family has agreed to the arranged marriage," Mr. Miller replied.

Lugard's anger flared up and his voice turned even colder as he replied, "I won't accept the marriage."
Mr. Miller became furious and responded, "You ungrateful son! If you try to stop this marriage, I will deal with you mercilessly. Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to convince my friend to let his daughter marry into our family?"

Lugard retorted, "Did I ever ask you to arrange a marriage for me? If you like the Davis family so much, why don't you go and get married to one of his daughters?"

This set Mr. Miller off even more. "What did you say, you bastard? This is your last warning. If you ever do anything reckless again, I will disown you. And mark my words, you will get married to that girl whether you like it or not!"

After saying these words, Master Miller hangs up the phone on Lugard's ear.

Dugard squeezed the phone in his hand tightly.

His assistant knocked on the door several times but got no response.

He opened the door directly to make sure everything was alright with the young master, but when he entered the room he became scared and fear ran down his spine, the atmosphere in the room was very oppressive and very cold.

He regrated coming in at the wrong time.
He opened his mouth to say something but he didn't even know where to start, facing this cold damon.

Master, he called out.

What brings you here? Lugard asks cold.

Assistant Rapheal's mouth trembled.

The young master is really in a bad mood and provokes this cold damon this time. He thought to himself.

Young master I came to report that the Davis family has agreed to the marriage.

Get out, Lugard said greeting his teeth in anger the room turning colder while the AC was not on.

The assistant heart skipped a beat.

I have been told. Lugard said.

Oh," so this is the reason you are angry, Raphael said in his mind.

Young master. I said get out Lugard commanded angrily. Raphael wanted to say more but was stopped by Lugard.

Assistant Raphael turned his back to leave, he opened the door and was about to leave, he said. Madam Davis hasn't agreed to the marriage yet and she said that her only daughter will not marry into the Miller family, She and Mr. Davis are still having conflicts so it seems the marriage will not work out.