Chapter 26

Sahil's POV

So now I had reached to my house, I just got off car and went inside my home. The second I reached home I just landed on couch exhaling a deep breath and spoke to myself,

"Finally, feels like home, no ma to pressure me to get married, no wife to annoy me, finally no one is here to bother me in my house."

I just closed my eyes and was enjoying the moment and then my phone started ringing. Well I was wrong about the last part in which I said no one is here to bother me.

I just sighed and grabbed my phone and saw the caller id, it was Yuvan's. I picked up the call and he said,

"In logo ko meri hi behene milti hai kya patane ke liye??!"

I was a little bit confused,

"Abhimanyu ab Trisha ko chorkar Akriti pe line mar Raha hai kya?"

Akriti was Yuvan's elder sister who was one year older than him and was of my age. Yuvan is 1 year younger than me.

He scoffed, "Aisa hota to abhi tak uski arthi na nikal rahi hoti?"

"To fir kya hua?" I spoke.

"Atharva! Atharva! Is kamine ne to seedhe propose mara hai Akriti ko! And you know whats the best part? Meri pyari bhen ne han bhi bola hai! In logo ka kabse lafda chal raha tha I don't have any idea of it! Ye to Abhimanyu se bhi dus kadam aage nikla!"

I know I shouldn't have done this, he was so angry, but I couldn't help it, I started laughing.

"Seriously?! Is time pe hasna hai tereko? Sare hi dost kamine hai mere, ek choti behen ko le gaya, ek badi behen ko le gaya, ek ye sab sun ke has raha hai."

I said while laughing,

"Has nahi raha hu ye dukh ki hasi hai."

"Dukh ki hasi?" He was asked.

"Khushi ke aasu ho sakte hai to dukh ki hasi nai ho sakti?"

I spoke casually as it's the most normal thing in world, even though it wasn't. Okay I don't often really joke, but I guess I often joke at the times I should not.

Anyways, he scoffed and said,

"Tere dukh ki hasi ke bare me behes nai karni mereko, aur abhi Abhimanyu ko nahi bataya hai maine is bare me. Use mat batana fir. Atharva ko kal bulaya hai, aur tu samjh hi gaya hoga kyu bulaya hai. Kal aa jana isliye, Abhimanyu bhi aa raha hai."

"Aane me to koi dikkat nai but Trisha ko pata hai in Atharva wale mamle ke bare me?"

"Usi ne to bataya tha." He said.

I scoffed, "To tere ko kya lagta hai? Aapki pyari behen ne apne pyare "maan" ko nahi bataya hoga?"

He exhaled a deep breath in frustration,

"Pata nahi, kuch pata hi to nahi hota mereko kabhi, bus kal aa jana."

I agreed and he hung up the call.

At night...

I came out of shower and changed into my clothes and walked towards bed along with my laptop.

I was sitting alone on bed, in peace, working on my laptop, just the like I used to do before this woman came in my life. I don't know why I was feeling a little odd. I mean it's not like I'm missing Kirti, in these 10 days maybe I got used to not be in peace? I just know I don't miss her. Why would I?

Eventually I decided I should stop thinking about all this and focus on my work. But I just couldn't, I don't know why?

I think I need some air. I eventually decided to go on a small night walk.

Nights in Udaipur are freezing during monsoon. I got dressed accordingly to that.

.....

I was walking on a peaceful empty foggy road, nothing was clear because of fog, but it was peaceful. The rays of moon, the twinkling light of stars, the cold wind blowing up, and the sound of only my footsteps, it was just so peaceful.

Suddenly I saw a figure walking on distance from me, it was actually a familiar figure. And I could it was woman, and as it was looking familiar, I increased my pace and got a little closer to her, I could hear slight sobs.

She was crying. I increased my pace and started getting closer to her, because she was looking familiar, the woman also increases her pace. Maybe she's getting scared?

She suddenly stopped, and as she did, I stopped too for a second. I walked a little more closer so I can see who it was but suddenly that woman grabbed something from her overcoat pocket and lunged towards me with a pocket knife.

In reflex I grabbed her wrist and twisted it pinning it on her back meanwhile she got pressed against my chest.

I finally got a chance to look at tha woman and when I saw her face it no other but,

"Kirti?" I spoke in confusion.

______________________________________

I'm sorry guys for posting chapter late. Anyways, make sure to vote and comment.