Chapter 3

Kirti's POV

So we had just came back from our 1 week trip from Bangkok. We are just trying to make dadi happiest ever than she has been ever. The thought she is only with us for 6 months scares the hell out of me but right now...I just want to see dadi happy.

Well today was Sunday and I was hanging out with dadi and then we started shopping. Dadi buyed 2 shirts for dad and then she said that as dad's office is 10 min away we can just go right now to his office to show him his shirts but I said he might be busy so we should just wait for night for him to come but she kept nagging like a kid so I had no choice but to drive to his office, dadi was behaving a little strange but I ignored it, I just want to fulfill her smallest wishes right now.

When we reached to his office I knocked the door and he said come in (you people might thinking why I'm knocking my dad's office door? Well there's a possibility he could be in a meeting). When I opened the door I was expecting that dad was probably be alone or with Manav but there was sitting a young man infront of him.

Dad then spoke, "Oh Kirti? Here come in and sit", dadi was smiling too much, why? I just sat along with dadi and then dad spoke, "Meet him, Sahil Sharma, the CEO of Sharda textiles."

Sharda textiles? It was the biggest competitor of our company, Traditions textiles...I thought dad might be having some kind of business deal with him but if that's so why did he invited me in meeting and why is he introducing me to him?

I just shaked hands with him with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Sharma"..... Umm well I'm not a pervert but... That guy was hot... I mean it's not like I'm developing some crush on him, I'm just stating a fact.

He too smiled and shaked his hands with me, "Same to you Ms. Kirti", and then he spoke to dad, "Well Mr. Singh I'll take your leave now, I'm glad to do this deal with you", and, he left.

Dad then turned to me, "Well Kirti, how was that guy?"

I spoke then, "Kya matlab?"

"Matlab how was that guy?"

"Ab ye baat aap mujse kyu puch re hai? Mujhe kaise pata hoga? We just met right now?"

"I mean look wise kaisa laga?"

Now I was getting suspicious... whatever it is it's definitely not normal. I spoke,

"Vo look wise kaisa bhi ho what I have to do with it?"

Dadi finally spoke, "Honey if you like him we can arrange your marriage with him, his mother, Sharda Sharma, on whose name their whole company is...have asked your hand for his son, also tumhare dad unki company ke sath deal bhi kar re hai so that's why he was here so I thought that I could bring you here so you can have a look on him."

Wait- WHAT!!!, I mean seriously? My family is planning to arrange my marriage? I'm a fuckin introvert and I face trouble to converse with different people as I told earlier and they are literally thinking to get me married to a COMPLETE STRANGER??? I spoke,

"Are you people out of your mind? Mai janti bhi nai use! Aur dadi aap isliye yaha aana chahte the?!"

Dadi just rolled her eyes, "Oh c'mon Kirti, don't act so dramatic, he was good looking though, plus you are 25 now and-"

Before she could complete her sentence I left dad's office, sat in my car and drove away. I was irritated as hell. Like out of no where how my marriage topic came?

I spent rest of day at library and came back home at night. As I entered the house dadi was sitting in living room, she just said me to come in her room to talk so I did.

As we reached in her room she shut the door and sat in front of me and said, "Listen Kirti, hum kisi cheez ke liye force nai kar rahe, abhi tak humne ha kaha nahi hai so why you're so irritated?"

"Dadi it's not like that- mai-mai bus like- ek dum se mereko ye bat pata chal ri hai and- I just couldn't digest that information and reacted like that- I'm sorry-"

She just hugged me and said, "Koi bat ni...I know you're stupid, but still I love you"

I just chuckled and hugged back her and then she spoke, "But we can't deny the fact he was hot", well... Dadi was right there, again I'm telling I'm just stating a fact not like I've some crush on him.

I agreed dadi on that but ofcourse I can't admit it if I don't want to get teased, I teased dadi, "Dadi don't you think hot word is a little too much morden for your age?"

She just rolled her eyes and said, "Oh c'mon I'm just 77"

"Don't you think dadi the word "just" doesn't fit right with the age of 77?"

She playfully smacked my head, "I have still a line of those old men after me so shut up now."

I chuckled, "OK fine I was just teasing." I laid my head on her lap and she ran her fingers through my hairs and I closed my eyes, this terrified me more how I'll survive without her? She then spoke,

"Kirti I'm not emotionally blackmailing you, but atleast ek bar ladke se mil ke to dekh? Shayad pasand aa Jaye tereko? Mere pas bus 6 mahine hai, I really want to see you and Manav married before I die, Manav to shadi is sal kar nai sakta because uski girlfriend ke father ki death Hui hai is sal, so I've fingers crossed for you, ek bar try to de?"

Well dadi WAS emotionally blackmailing me she just didn't realised it, but she was right, what's the harm to give a try? It's a bitter truth I've to get married someday, so why not right now? If it can be the one of dadi's last wishes? I'm not saying I'll surely marry that Sharma guy, I mean right now what's a harm to give a try if it can both benifit to dad in business and fulfill dadi's last wish? I sighed and said,

"Fine dadi I'll fix a meeting with him."

"That's like my girl!" Dadi exclaimed.