Chapter 25

"You're tougher than I thought, I'll give you that." The guard admitted through the hole in the door to the room they were keeping me in.

I just smiled sweetly as I took the cup of water he was handing me and dumped it o the floor for the third time. When they took me to the factory, they immediately put me in some random room that didn't have anything in it. It reminded me all too much of the room Jacob and I were brought to when we got to the Facility.

I could see the anger begin to boil on the mans' face, "You aren't going to cooperate, are you?" He asked me, the thought finally sinking in.

I just crossed my arms and stared him down refusing to break eye contact. He let out a sigh and moved to open the door. I could hear the locks click. The door swung open and he walked into the room, "Come on." He said, gesturing towards the doorway, telling me to leave the room.

I walked to the doorway where he grabbed my arm roughly, "Where are you taking me?" I asked as he practically dragged me down the hallway.

"Just shut up. Let's go. I tried to be nice." He said as he yanked me around a corner.

"Oh so you're taking me to the boss. Finally time to turn the power back on?" I questioned.

"We got the power back on. He needs you to do something else." Was all the man said.

I began to ask him what Dmitri wanted me to do. I didn't say his name. That was the one piece of leverage that I had and I couldn't give that away. After he refused to tell me anything, we walked in silence until we came to a door. I could tell that that room was important due to the fact that there were two people guarding it.

Both of the men stepped to the side and let us enter as the door opened. I immediately did a quick survey of the room when we entered. There was rows and rows of the highest-end computers and printers and electronics. There was a wall of T.V's turned on but the only thing on the screen was static. It was dark in the room, the only light source was the T.V and computer screens.

There was about twenty people in the room all huddled around two computers. About half of the people looked about my age, probably a few years older. Great. More teenagers. When the door closed everyone's eyes switched from the screens to me.

I spotted Dmitri immediately; he was in the center of the crown sitting down at one of the computers. He stood up when he saw who had just entered the room, "She wont drink anything. Pretty sure she'll refuse anything else I offer her. I don't know what else to do. You're the only one who can get her to do anything." He said I could tell that he was glaring down at me from where he was positioned behind me.

Dmitri just smiled, "That's alright. I was  actually just about to send for you. We're in need of you assistance, Lexi." He said with a smile as he walked over to us.

"With what? You've gotten the power back on. That's what you wanted me to do. You don't need me anymore." I said with a shake of my head.

"While I did want you to turn the power back on that's not the only thing we needed," he said as he began leading me to the chair he had been sitting in, "we were able to turn the power back on. But that was the only thing. Our programs are still destroyed you made sure of that. So fix them." He said pushing me down into the chair.

The screen in front of me showed the destroyed firewalls of the program that was once a secure and nearly unbreakable security system, I just looked at him, "What do you want me to do? rebuild the firewalls?" I asked.

"If that's what it takes." Was all he said.

"Alright. I can do it. But it's going to take time. And some space." I said eyeing the people that were surrounding me, looking at the screen curiously.