Chapter 15

I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to get out. It wasn't so much that I didn't believe their stories, the problem was that I did believe them. It was crazy, that much I know, but deep down inside I knew that's what they were saying was true. I just didn't want it to be.

So I tried to run away. I tried to run away from the room, I tried to run away from the people inside of the room, but mostly I tried to run away from myself. I didn't want to be what they told me I was. I didn't want to be a freak. I just wanted to fit in. But I would later learn that fitting in isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

As I was running, I whipped around a corner and ran into someone, "Whoa, slow down. There's no rush." The boy that I had ran into said from in front of me with a smile.

"Sorry, I was just..." I trailed off, not able to think of the right words to use for my explanation.

"Needed to get away?" He asked me, still smiling.

I looked him in the eyes. He was very much attractive, with light brown hair and soft caramel eyes. He was tall and muscular with sharp features.

"Something like that." I muttered under my breath. But he heard me and laughed.

"Well, let me help you. Come with me." He said grabbing my hand and leading me down the hallway.

I followed him, not sire of what else to do, "I'm Dayton, by the way." He said as we walked.

"Lexi." I said with a smile in return.

"Wait, Lexi as in Alexis, or something else?" He asked, stopping in his tracks and turning to look at me.

"No not Alexis, my full name is Alexandria. But never call me that." I said in warning.

"No way," he breathed, "does your middle name happen to be Grace?" He asked, out of the blue.

"Um, yeah. But how did you..." I trailed of as he smiled and yanked me by my arm, making me run down the hall with him. I was really getting tired of people acting weird after they found out my name.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we ran.

"You'll see." He said, not bothering to look at me or slow down.

When we did stop running and burst through a door in an unknown hallway, I looked at my surroundings.

We were in a large square room. It looked like a workout gym with a bunch of workout equipment, obstacle courses, and sparring mats.

A group of teenagers occupied the gym or whatever it was. They all stopped to look at me, stopping what they were doing and muttering to each other. I looked at Dayton who gave me an unnerving smile.

"Dayton why are we here?" I whispered to him.

"Everyone, this is Alexandria Grace." He said. All of their eyes widened at the sound of my name. What is it with these people and my name?

"This is her?" A girl asked, stepping forward. She would have been pretty if she hadn't looked like she was about to go trick-or-treating. I swear she was wearing about a pound if makeup. And her clothes didn't help anything, either.

The girl laughed when Dayton nodded, "They made it sound like she was actually something to look out for when they told us." She said and everyone laughed.

"Why don't we find out if she's really what they said she is?" A guy said stepping forward from the group.

Dayton dropped my hand as the guy advanced on me. For every step that he took forward, I took one back until I was pressed against the wall and he was in front of me. He put both of his hands on either side of my head, trapping me in.