Chapter 17

He turned me around as someone else held my hands behind my back, kind of like a cop.

I recognized the person standing in front of me as the guy that I had kneed, "Hey buddy, it's good to see you up and walking. Still a little sore?" I asked him and the smirk he'd had on his face disappeared.

"Alright, miss smarty pants, why don't you come back with us? It looks like I get to do some interrogating." He said with a smile that a little kid would have when he found out he was going to Disney World for the first time.

"Um, no thanks, you should probably take me to dinner first. You pay." I said and his smile fell.

"Alright. Look here," he said as the person holding my hands behind my back released me and I was slammed into the wall of the building behind me, "here's what's going to happen. We're all going to walk back to headquarter's together, you're not going to argue. I'm going to interrogate you, you're not going to argue. You're going to give me answers, and you're-"

"Not going to argue yeah yeah I got the point." I interrupted him with a roll of my eyes.

"You do not have the right to talk to me or anyone of us like that. You do not speak without permission. Next time that happens, there will be severe consequences." He said, practically growling the words.

"Tyler, knock it off, now." John said with a glare.

I smirked, now I had a name. Tyler. And I guessed that John "outranked" Tyler because he let go of me, even though he was seething.

"Let's go." He said, grabbing my arm roughly.

When we got to the end of the alley he slipped his arm around my waist and the entire group started walking.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him, met even caring if I broke his "no talking without permission" rule.

"Just to make sure you don't try and run away." He whispered in my ear so the people we were walking by on the street wouldn't overhear.

As soon as we got inside the building I pushed him off of me, "Oh come on, I thought we were getting close." He said with mock hurt, obviously meaning to make fun of me.

I could hear the snickers from everyone else, including John, "You are so lucky that murder a crime." I hissed at him.

"Come on, it's time for a little bit on questioning." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me through the halls.

When we got to the "interrogation room" he opened the door and punched me inside before entering himself and closing the door behind me. I sat down in one of the chairs at the steel table in the center of the room and let Tyler put the handcuffs that we attached to the table on my wrists.

"Alright. Ask away." I said, leaning back in the chair, leaving my hands on the tabletop.

"Not yet." He said, eyeing me from across the table.

"Why? waiting for everyone so they can sit and watch us through that one-way glass?" I asked, gesturing to the mirror on the right of me.

"How did you...?" He began but trailed off as I smiled.

"Please, you guys have been watching me for who know how long. I know that you know I like to read and watch anything that has to do with crimes and forensics. The one-way glass is in everything." I said.

He looked at me warily across the table. After a couple of minutes he stood up and began walking around me in counter-clockwise circles.

"So. Alexandria Grace. You and your friend have been locked in a room together for the past two days. We've had eyes on the security camera's for every second of those three days. Even I was watching for some time. Yet, you two managed to pull off an escape without our knowledge. How?" He asked me.