Chapter 19

I couldn’t stop myself, I laughed, “Haha, that’s funny.” I said but by the look on the man’s face I could tell that he wasn’t joking.

“Oh no. No no no no no no and no,” I said, “never going to happen.” I said shaking my head frantically and crossing my arms over my chest.

“Lexi, I’m offended.” Tyler said, putting a hand over his heart in mock hurt as I rolled my eyes.

“I apologize for the inconvenience but we believe that this is the smartest and most believable option.” The man said.

“Really? Am I that bad?” Tyler asked at the sound of the word “inconvenience”. I just smiled and turned back to the man.

“I’m sorry but why do we need to do this? And don’t give me the whole, ‘it’s the best option’ crap. I want the real reason.” I said, moving my hand to my hip.

“Because. The last thing that people plotting to kill the senator and possible future president will expect is for two teenagers to stop them. They’re expecting highly trained adults.” He said and I sighed, knowing that the plan was brilliant and there was no getting out of it.

“Alright, I’ll do it.” I said and the man smiled.

“Excellent. Now, we need to go over your backstories for tomorrow night because the press will ask questions. You’ll be the only teenagers there.” He said.

I sat down with a sigh, prepared to attempt at remembering what this man tells me.

“You remember everything, right?” Tyler asked me for the hundredth time that day.

“Yes I do. Now stop asking me or you won’t even make it to the party.” I warned and he chuckled.

“Okay, but seeing as though we have four hours to sit in this car, why don’t we talk?” Tyler said, catching me off guard.

The party that night was in a penthouse at a hotel in Times Square which is away from Boston. Apparently, they had kept us in Boston when they took us from the first place I had been. So, if you count traffic, it would take us around four hours to get to the hotel we were staying in.

We were sitting in a limo (Fancy, I know), fully stocked with food and drinks, wearing regular clothes.

When we got to the hotel in New York we would get ready there and drive to the party. We would get the job done, and we would go back to Boston, the next day, hopefully.

“Why do you want to talk?” I asked warily.

“Well, considering that we’re supposed to be girlfriend and boyfriend later tonight, I think I should know a little bit more about you.” He said as he grabbed a water bottle out of the mini fridge.