Chapter 6

I woke up at 8 the next morning. It was different not being woken up but the twins. I got dressed, did my hair, and put my makeup on all before gong downstairs.

I got down there and Cara immediately pulled me aside to show me her very vast doll collection.

At 9:30 Donald came in and told me that we would be leaving for the basketball game in five minutes. I ran upstairs to my room to grab my phone and the note I had written last night.

I ran downstairs and got into the backseat of the car where Donald and Drew started talking about Drew's upcoming baseball season. So I plugged in my earbuds and listened to my music, getting lost in my own world.

When we got to the school there was already a long line of cars in front of the school and the parking lot was full so Donald had to drop us off way down the street from the school. So we had to walk a little bit to get to the school.

It had started snowing about halfway through the car ride to the school so as we walked to the school the snow fell, the flakes big, and fluffy, settling down in my hair. I kept my head down as I walked to keep the wind from making my eyes water. Drew didn't say a word to me the entire walk to the school.

"I'll find you when it's time to go." Was all he said to me before he left to go hang out with his friends, leaving me alone in the swelling crowd waiting to enter the gymnasium.

I swam my way through the crowd and managed to get to the front of the crowd, "You can't come in yet." The kid at the door told me.

I just showed him my school ID and he let me through. At our school, if you go to a school sporting event at our school, and show the people at the door your current school ID, you can enter the gym, field, whatever it is early and get in for free.

Once I was in I began looking for Jacob since only people from our school were in the gym, it would be easy to find him. But I couldn't find him anywhere. The. They opened the doors for everyone and the gym became utter chaos.

I couldn't find Jacob anywhere. I saw Casey walking in and she waved to me. I waved back and started making my way towards her. Then out of nowhere I was yanked aside and found myself wedged in a corner or the gymnasium, next to the bleachers and a wall, out of sight from everyone in the gym.

"What's so important about Reginald Pierce that we have to meet under the bleachers?" Jacob asked, standing I front of me. He blocked my view from the rest of the gymnasium.

I looked up at him, "I can't tell you here. Too many people. But I think it'll help us with your search." I told him. He smiled.

"You don't know how much I appreciate this." He said throwing his arms around me, smothering me with a hug.

"Oh, sorry" a voice rang out from outside the little "cubby" that we were standing in.

Jacob jerked off of me and whipped around to reveal Casey standing behind us, trying to suppress a smile.

"This is not what it look like!" Jacob explained, his face beet red.

"No, it's okay. I've figured for a while now. I'll just go and let you two be. I'll see you on monday, Lexi." Casey said and she began to walk away.

"Case-" I began to say but the came was about to start and the crow was earsplittingly loud so she couldn't hear me and got lost in the crowd.

"Well?" Jacob asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Well what?" I asked him.

"We'll go after her! tell her it's not what it looks like!" he exclaimed.