Chapter 14

Jacob…

I was really annoyed. I woke up lying on a bed, in an unknown place, alone, and locked inside. After five minutes of banging on the door, yelling for someone to let me out, some guy walked in and told me to shut up.

“Where’s Lexi?” I asked him.

“Don’t worry, your girlfriend is fine. You’ll see her when they’re done with her.” He said

“Done with her? What are they doing to her?” I asked, ignoring the fact that they just called Lexi my girlfriend.

“Don’t worry about it.” The man said and walked out of the room, leaving me alone and locked in once again.

So I sat on the bed for what could only have been minutes but felt like hours, until the door opened again and a girl walked in. She was only an inch or two shorter than me, with light brown hair that went to her shoulders. Her eyes matched her hair. She was pretty, but only because she was wearing about three pounds of makeup.

“You must be Jacob,” She said and I nodded, “They did not mention how hot you are.” She said sitting down on the bed, practically on top of me.

I moved away from her, “Um, thanks… I guess Um, why are you here?” I asked her.

“Oh, that girl wants you so they sent me to come and get you. And I’m glad they did.” She said. I was incredibly uncomfortable.

“Lexi wants me??” I asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah, whatever her name is. She walked by me, seems like a bore, really. I don’t know why they’re wasting their time on her.” She said shrugging her shoulders as she played with her hair.

“Just take me to her.” I said and she looked at me, something flashing in her eyes, probably jealousy.

“Alright, follow me. Don’t speak.” She said stiffly before walking out the room.

She led me through twists and turns until we came to a hallway that only had one door in it. She scanned her thumb on the padlock and the door clicked open.

“I’m Valerie, by the way.” She said as I walked inside, closing the door behind me.

Lexi was sitting in a chair, looking down at the table she was sitting at. There were three people trying to get her to look up at them to no avail. A boy, maybe a little bit older than me was sitting next to her, his hand on her shoulder. He was muscular and most likely taller than me. There was also a woman and a man, both with gray hair. They were holding hands. The woman’s eyes matched her hair and the man’s eyes were as dark as night and very intimidating.

“Alexandria, look at us, please.” The woman whispered.