Chapter 27

Tyler busted out laughing, "Yeah. You can take a shower." The bathroom is down that hallway, the second door on your left." He said.

I smiled and started making my way towards the bathroom, "Lex, wait," Tyler called out. I turned around to see him toss me a plastic bag. I caught it and looked at him, "Valerie went shopping. we figured that when you woke up you'd want to be able to wear clean clothes." He said and I smiled at him before stepping into the bathroom and closing the door, locking it behind me.

When I was in the shower I just stood there for a good ten minutes, letting the hot water run over me, washing away everything that happened in the last week. It was my way to try and forget. Even though it didn't work. It was thee only thing I could think to do.

Once I was done and felt refreshed, I stepped out, putting on the clothed that Valerie had bought for me. They weren't that bad. I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail.

When I walked into the living room Tyler was sitting on the couch, watching the news where there was a story about his dad's campaign on.

"No one knows what happened to Tyler and his girlfriend Lexi. They left the tour about two weeks ago and haven't been seen or heard from since." The news anchor was saying, a picture of us walking the streets of times Square on the screen next to the woman's face.

Tyler changed the channel after that, to a new news station, "Hoping this one will be better?" I asked, making him jump.

He turned around to look at me, "Hey. I'm just surfing." He said.

I just sat down on the couch next to him, "Looking for anything in particular?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "Not really. Just trying to pass the time." He said with a shake of his head and a shrug.

"What are the others doing?" I asked.

"Dayton and Valerie went to Boston to bring the blood there about two days ago. They stayed there and are bringing something back. Tristen and John went to go and meet them halfway so they can drive with them back. For safety." He said. I nodded.

"They should be back in about a half hour...." He was saying but trailed off as he looked at the T.V screen and turned up the volume.

"The company hasn't released the reason behind their delay, however they have told us that they're trying their best to get things back on schedule. They have postponed the release date for their newest phones. Its been pushed back to be released as early as two weeks from now. They have said, though, that this release date is temporary and is open to change. People who pre-ordered them will receive them the day they are released. If you wish to withdraw your order, you will be given a full refund." The lady said.

They quickly switched to a different story, "Lexi, what did you do when you were in there?" He asked, turning towards me.

"Oh, right. I might have shut down the virus." I said.

"You did what?" He asked, raising his voice. He didn't sound upset, just surprised.

"When they took me, they brought me to Dmitri, their leader and he wanted me to fix the programs because when I had shut down the power, I destroyed all of their firewalls. So he wanted me to fix it. So instead of actually fixing it, I managed to get into their mainframe and shut down the virus. I couldn't destroy the virus, but I obviously delayed them." I said, gesturing to the T.V.

"Lexi, this is amazing! You did it!" He said, smothering me in a hug.

"Well this is awkward." A girls voice rang out from behind us.