CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20: The Final Confrontation

The sun dipped low in the sky, casting long shadows across the Sherawat mansion as tension hung thick in the air. Inside, Adrith paced the expanse of his office, the weight of the impending confrontation pressing down on him. His heart raced as he prepared for the storm that was about to break, knowing full well that everything they had worked for would come to a head tonight.

“Are you ready?” Yashika asked, stepping into the room. Her voice was steady, but the flicker of anxiety in her eyes betrayed her.

Adrith turned to face her, his expression serious. “I don’t think anyone can ever truly be ready for this, but we have no choice. We need to confront him tonight.”

Yashika nodded, her determination shining through. “We have the evidence. We just need to make sure it reaches the right people.”

“Right,” Adrith replied, running a hand through his hair. “But we also need to be cautious. Father won’t take this lightly. He’ll try to manipulate the situation, turn it around on us.”

“Then we’ll have to be one step ahead of him,” Yashika said, her eyes gleaming with resolve. “We’ve come too far to back down now.”

Just then, Ansh and Adrika entered the office, their faces set in grim determination. “We’re all set,” Ansh announced. “The media is on standby. Once we expose him, there’s no going back.”

“Are you sure about this?” Adrika asked, her voice wavering slightly. “What if he retaliates? What if he tries to hurt us?”

“We’re prepared for that,” Adrith assured her, though doubt lingered in the back of his mind. “We’ll protect each other. We’ve already lost so much. I won’t let him take anything else from us.”

“Then let’s do this,” Ansh said, his voice strong. “For Mom. For all the lives he’s ruined.”

As they gathered their things, Adrith felt a surge of adrenaline coursing through him. The time for hiding was over. It was time to face the man who had controlled their lives for far too long.

---

The Sherawat mansion was unusually quiet when they arrived, an eerie calm hanging over the place. Adrith led the way, with Yashika close behind him, her hand brushing against his for reassurance. As they approached their father’s office, the weight of the moment pressed heavily on their shoulders.

Adrith knocked sharply on the door, and a deep voice called out, “Come in.”

They entered, and Samar Singh Shehrawat looked up from his desk, surprise flashing across his features before quickly morphing into a cold, calculating demeanor. “What brings you all here?” he asked, feigning nonchalance.

“We need to talk,” Adrith said, stepping forward. The intensity of his gaze was met with his father’s cool stare, a standoff that had been years in the making.

“I’m quite busy, Adrith. Can’t this wait?” Samar replied, a smirk creeping onto his face.

“No. This can’t wait,” Yashika interjected, her voice steady despite the tension in the room. “Not anymore.”

Samar raised an eyebrow. “And why is that? What do you think you can possibly say that would hold any weight?”

Adrith clenched his fists at his sides. “We know what you did. We have the evidence. All those years of manipulation, the cover-ups, the corruption—it ends tonight.”

Samar leaned back in his chair, a mocking laughter escaping his lips. “You think you can intimidate me with your little revelations? You are nothing without me. You’ve always been nothing.”