CHAPTER-16

**Chapter 16: The Calm Before the Storm**

The Sherawat mansion stood eerily quiet in the aftermath of the confrontation. The echoes of the night’s chaos lingered in the air as the siblings made their way to a secluded corner of their vast estate, seeking solace in the garden where their mother used to sit. For the first time in years, they found themselves united, but the weight of the decisions still pressed heavily on their minds.

Adrith leaned against the marble bench, his face illuminated by the soft glow of the moonlight. His thoughts swirled around everything his father had confessed—the murder of his mother, the years of control, and the trauma that had shaped him into the man he was today.

“I can’t believe we lived like that for so long,” Adrika murmured, wrapping her arms around herself. “We knew Father was ruthless, but I didn’t think he was capable of… murder.”

Ansh clenched his jaw, pacing around them. “It wasn’t just murder. He’s been controlling us, controlling everything for years. Our entire lives were built on his lies.”

Adrith exhaled slowly, the tension still radiating through his body. “We can’t change the past. But we can make sure that no one else suffers because of him. It’s time we expose everything.”

Adrika and Ansh both looked at him, their expressions conflicted.

“Expose him?” Adrika asked, her voice hesitant. “What if he retaliates? You know he’ll do anything to protect his empire.”

Adrith’s eyes hardened. “Let him come for me. I’m done living in fear. It’s time the world knows who Samar Singh Shehrawat truly is.”

Yashika, who had been sitting quietly beside Adrith, finally spoke. “Adrith’s right. If we don’t stop him now, he’ll only get worse. And more innocent people will be hurt.” She looked down, her voice softening. “I don’t want anyone else to lose their family like I did.”

Adrith placed a comforting hand on hers, squeezing gently. “We’ll make sure of that.”

Ansh stopped pacing, his face a mixture of frustration and determination. “But how? How do we bring down a man with that much power? He’s got connections everywhere. The police, the government—they all fear him.”

Adrith’s mind raced. His father’s influence was vast, but no empire was invincible. “We need evidence. Proof that he’s been running the underworld, that he’s behind everything—the murders, the corruption, all of it.”

Adrika frowned. “But he’ll have buried all of that. You know how meticulous he is.”

Adrith’s gaze darkened. “There’s always something, some loose thread. We just need to find it.”

Yashika straightened, her eyes determined. “I’ll help. I used to work at his company. There must be files, records… something.”

Adrith nodded, appreciating her strength. “We’ll search every corner if we have to.”

Ansh hesitated for a moment before stepping forward. “Count me in. Father’s ruined too many lives. It’s time he paid for what he’s done.”

Adrika sighed, rubbing her temples. “This is going to tear us apart. I just hope we’re ready for what comes next.”

---

The next day, the siblings began their investigation. While outwardly keeping up the appearance of loyalty to their father, they discreetly started gathering information. Adrith focused on the company files, digging through records, contracts, and financial statements, hoping to find the key to Samar’s illegal empire.

Yashika, now living with them temporarily, helped Adrith comb through the documents, her sharp eye for detail catching discrepancies and hidden transactions that might lead them to the evidence they needed.

“It’s all so well hidden,” Yashika muttered one evening as they pored over files in Adrith’s office. “He’s covered his tracks perfectly.”

Adrith frowned, flipping through another ledger. “There has to be something. A mistake. A trail he didn’t think we’d follow.”

Just as Yashika was about to respond, the door to the office creaked open, and Ansh rushed in, his face pale.

“We have a problem,” Ansh said, his voice urgent.

Adrith looked up, alarmed. “What is it?”

Ansh tossed a newspaper onto the desk. The headline read, *Shehrawat Empire Under Scrutiny: Allegations of Corruption Surface.*

Adrith’s heart skipped a beat as he scanned the article. Someone had leaked information about Samar’s dealings, but it wasn’t any of them.

“Who did this?” Yashika asked, her voice filled with concern. “We’re not ready. We don’t have the evidence yet.”

Adrith’s jaw tightened. “I don’t know. But whoever it was, they’ve forced our hand. We have to move fast now.”

Adrika entered the room, holding her phone, her expression grim. “I just got a call from one of Father’s men. They know someone’s digging around, and they’re tightening security at the company.”

Adrith cursed under his breath. “This just got a lot more dangerous.”

Yashika stood, determination flashing in her eyes. “We can’t back down now. We need to keep going. No matter what.”

Adrith admired her bravery, but he knew the stakes had just risen dramatically. His father wouldn’t hesitate to destroy anyone who posed a threat to his empire, including his own children.

“Alright,” Adrith said, his voice firm. “We’ll stick to the plan. But we need to be more careful. No mistakes.”

---

As the days passed, the tension in the house grew. Samar’s shadow loomed over them, and the pressure to find concrete evidence intensified. Adrith could feel the weight of responsibility crushing him, but he refused to give up. Yashika stood by his side, her unwavering support keeping him grounded.

One night, as they sat in the garden after another long day of searching, Adrith finally allowed himself a moment of vulnerability.

“I don’t know if we’ll succeed,” he admitted quietly, his voice laced with doubt. “He’s too powerful. And we’re running out of time.”

Yashika placed a hand on his arm, her touch warm and reassuring. “We will. I know we will.”

Adrith looked at her, his eyes filled with a mixture of gratitude and affection. “How can you be so sure?”

Yashika smiled softly. “Because you’re not like him, Adrith. You care about people. You’re willing to fight for what’s right, even when it seems impossible.”

Adrith’s chest tightened at her words. He had always feared becoming like his father, but with Yashika by his side, he felt stronger—like he could finally break free from the legacy of darkness that had haunted him for so long.

“I couldn’t do this without you,” he whispered, his voice thick with emotion.

Yashika met his gaze, her eyes shimmering with the same intensity. “We’re in this together. No matter what happens.”

---

Heyy peeps new chapter make sure you vote and comment🤍