Chapter-07

---

**Chapter 7: Into the Lion’s Den**

Yashika had never felt more exposed. After deciding to meet the mysterious contact who sent her the ominous message, she was walking into the unknown. The old warehouse was an eerie place, far removed from the bustling city she knew. The crumbling walls and shattered windows gave it a haunted, abandoned feel.

As she stepped inside, every instinct screamed at her to turn back, but she pressed on. She had to know what this person wanted. The dim light from a few scattered bulbs cast long, dark shadows, making it hard to see who or what might be lurking in the corners.

Her phone buzzed again. The same unknown number sent another message:

**Keep walking. You're almost there.**

Yashika’s pulse quickened. She followed the instructions, each step echoing in the vast, empty space. Her eyes scanned the area, her breath coming in shallow, controlled bursts. She had to be ready for anything.

Finally, she saw him—a man standing in the middle of the warehouse, his face hidden in the shadow of a hood. He was tall, his posture relaxed, as if he were waiting for her.

“Yashika Kapoor,” he said in a voice that was deep and rough, sending a chill down her spine. “You’re braver than I thought, coming here alone.”

Yashika squared her shoulders, trying to mask her fear. “Who are you? What do you want?”

The man chuckled, a low, menacing sound. “I’m here to warn you. You’re getting too close to something you shouldn’t be. It’s time for you to stop playing detective and go back to your ordinary life.”

“I’m not stopping,” Yashika said, her voice stronger than she felt. “I want to know the truth about my father’s death. And I won’t rest until I do.”

The man stepped closer, and Yashika fought the urge to step back. “You think you’re after justice, but there’s no justice in this world. Only power. And right now, you’re a threat to powerful people.”

“Vikram Rathore?” Yashika guessed, watching for a reaction.

The man’s smile was barely visible under his hood. “Vikram is just one player. There are others. People you don’t even know about yet. You’re in way over your head, Yashika.”

“Then why not kill me?” Yashika challenged, her heart racing. “Why warn me?”

“Because,” the man said slowly, “there’s no need to spill blood unnecessarily. If you walk away now, you can live your life in peace. But if you continue… there will be consequences.”

Yashika stared at the man, her mind racing. Was this a genuine warning, or was he trying to scare her off? Either way, she couldn’t let fear control her. Not now.

“I’m not backing down,” she said firmly. “If you’re here to scare me, it’s not going to work.”

The man tilted his head, as if considering her words. “You’ve got fire. I can see why Adrith is interested in you. But fire can be dangerous. Be careful it doesn’t burn you.”

Before Yashika could respond, the man turned and disappeared into the shadows, leaving her alone in the cold, empty warehouse. She stood there, her heart pounding, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

Her phone buzzed again. A new message from Adrith:

**Are you okay?**

Yashika quickly typed out a response:

**I’m fine. He’s gone. I’m on my way back.**

As she left the warehouse, her thoughts were a jumble of fear, determination, and confusion. Who was that man? How did he know about her? And most importantly, how was she supposed to deal with these unknown enemies lurking in the shadows?

One thing was clear: she couldn’t trust anyone, not even herself. The stakes were higher than ever, and one wrong move could be fatal.

* * *

The next morning, Yashika met Adrith in his office. The mood was tense, the air thick with unspoken questions. Adrith was leaning against his desk, his arms crossed, his expression unreadable.

“Tell me everything,” he said, his voice low and controlled.

Yashika recounted the encounter in the warehouse, leaving nothing out. Adrith listened intently, his gaze never leaving her face. When she finished, he let out a slow breath.

“This is worse than I thought,” he said quietly. “Vikram’s not the only one we’re up against. There are others—people with more influence, more power. If they’re sending warnings like this, it means they see you as a real threat.”

“What do we do now?” Yashika asked, trying to keep the fear out of her voice.

“We continue with the plan,” Adrith replied. “But we need to be more careful. No more meetings like that. If they’re watching you, we can’t afford to take any unnecessary risks.”

Yashika nodded, though the weight of the situation was pressing down on her. “I understand.”

Adrith’s expression softened slightly. “Yashika, I need you to know something. This isn’t just about revenge for your father. What we’re dealing with… it’s bigger than you or me. If we’re going to take these people down, we have to be smart, and we have to trust each other.”

Yashika met his gaze, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. “I trust you, Adrith. I just hope we’re ready for whatever comes next.”

Adrith gave her a small, grim smile. “So do I.”

As Yashika left the office, she couldn’t shake the feeling that they were walking a tightrope, with danger lurking on either side. But there was no turning back now. The only way out was through, and she was determined to see this through to the end, no matter the cost.

---