Chapter 21

---

Chapter 21: The Reckoning

The moon hung low in the sky, casting an eerie glow over the Sherawat mansion. Inside, the once-vibrant halls felt cold and empty, echoing the weight of secrets buried within its walls. Adrith stood at the entrance of his father’s study, his heart racing. This was it—the moment he had both dreaded and anticipated. Yashika stood beside him, her presence a comforting anchor in the storm of emotions swirling inside him.

“Are you ready?” she asked softly, her eyes searching his for reassurance.

Adrith took a deep breath, his mind racing through the memories of their childhood—of laughter and joy overshadowed by his father’s looming shadow. “As ready as I’ll ever be,” he replied, his voice steady despite the turmoil churning within him.

They stepped into the study, the dim light casting long shadows on the walls. The room was adorned with trophies of Samar’s ruthless victories—a stark reminder of the empire he had built on the ruins of others’ lives. Adrith’s gaze fell on a framed photo of his mother, her smile frozen in time, and a surge of anger washed over him.

“Father!” Adrith’s voice rang out, cutting through the silence like a knife.

Samar emerged from the shadows, his expression unreadable. “Adrith. I didn’t expect you to come here alone,” he said, a hint of amusement in his tone.

“You underestimate me, Father,” Adrith shot back, forcing himself to maintain eye contact despite the churn of emotions threatening to overwhelm him. “This isn’t a game anymore.”

Samar’s demeanor shifted, the amusement fading into something darker. “You think you can challenge me? You’re still just a child playing with toys.”

Adrith clenched his fists, feeling the heat of anger rising within him. “You’ve ruined enough lives, Father. It’s time for you to face the consequences.”

“Consequences?” Samar laughed, a chilling sound that echoed through the room. “I built this empire, Adrith. I decide what the consequences are.”

In that moment, Adrith felt the weight of the years press down on him—the years of fear, control, and pain. He stepped forward, anger boiling over. “You don’t control me anymore! I’m not afraid of you.”

Samar’s eyes darkened, his smile disappearing. “You should be. I’ve always been one step ahead of you. And you’ve brought this upon yourself.”

With that, the confrontation escalated into chaos. Samar lunged at Adrith, and they collided, the force of their hatred crashing against each other. Adrith fought back with everything he had, fueled by years of pent-up frustration and grief.

The struggle was fierce, each blow exchanged a testament to the turmoil that had defined their lives. Yashika watched, her heart pounding, torn between fear for Adrith’s safety and the determination to support him.

“Adrith, be careful!” she shouted, but her voice was drowned out by the sounds of their struggle.

Samar, fueled by rage, managed to push Adrith back, pinning him against the wall. “You think you can take me down? You’re nothing without me!” he spat, his breath hot with fury.

Adrith gasped for air, the weight of his father’s words pressing down on him. “I’m everything you’re not!” he retorted, channeling all his strength into a final push. He broke free from his father’s grip and tackled him to the ground.

They rolled across the floor, a blur of fists and fury, until Adrith found himself on top. He pinned Samar down, staring into the eyes of the man who had tormented him for so long. “This ends now,” he said, his voice low and fierce.